Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Unkown Austrian Dragoon Helmet?

Article about: Can anyone help me ID this helmet? I think that that it is an Austrian Dragoon helmet but I am not sure. Also what year does it date from? It appears to be made of brass or bronze. I will re

?

Default Unkown Austrian Dragoon Helmet?

Can anyone help me ID this helmet? I think that that it is an Austrian Dragoon helmet but I am not sure. Also what year does it date from? It appears to be made of brass or bronze. I will really appreciate any help.
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unkown Austrian Dragoon Helmet?   Unkown Austrian Dragoon Helmet?  

Unkown Austrian Dragoon Helmet?   Unkown Austrian Dragoon Helmet?  

Unkown Austrian Dragoon Helmet?   Unkown Austrian Dragoon Helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unkown Austrian Dragoon Helmet?
    P
    Many

You may wish to consult http://pickelhaubes.com

Cheers

Theater prop, to me.
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Hello

I have never seen one of this type before. Have a bad feeling, that is made from 2 different helmets...because the patina of the coat of arms is a litle diferent of the patina on the helmet,even if the austrohungarian eagle is gold-plated. Wait for the experts opinion.

?

I can't find anything close to this ever worn by the Austrians-

It looks to me like one of those fancy French fireman's helmet with the original badge removed and another added. Some of the older firemen's helmets did look similar to dragoon helmets prior to the Adrian-type which was adopted later on.

?

Most definitely NOT an Austrian dragoon helmet. The plate does not belong on the helmet, and is poorly attached.

BobS

I see that this helmet is now being offered on eBay as an Austrian Dragoon helmet. Maybe CAMRY didn't take on board the comments about it!

?

I have just added to the description that this is not an Austrian dragoon helmet. I was going to revise the listing, but there were already bids on, it so I could not change it. It is never intent to mis-describe an item, but by the time I found what this helmet was, I could not change the listing.
    Thanks again for all of the help and comments