Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Upgrade of my einheitsmüte circa 1917

Article about: Hi I have finally been able to upgrage my 1917 model field cap. This cap has a really nice shape and the quality of materials used to make it pleasingly of poor quality as per the conditions

Default Upgrade of my einheitsmüte circa 1917

Hi

I have finally been able to upgrage my 1917 model field cap.

This cap has a really nice shape and the quality of materials used to make it pleasingly of poor quality as per the conditions found in 1917 and 1918 Germany.

The tricot material is field grey but on close inspection shows that it has been inter woven with anything available by the look of it, hence the white specks on the photo.
    The best way to describe the weave is to say go down your local carpet shop and look for the cheapest possible carpet and that's the look you've got here.

The chin strap is leather but very thin and the peak is cardboard. Inside the sweatband is artifical leather and the lining looks posh but is poor quality cotton.

The cap is just perfect !

It has the manufacturers label inside and tissue paper that may or may not be original but certainly is old. I reckon the cap would have fallen apart pretty quick in the field but thankfully it has been saved by never coming off the shelf.

After really bigging it up here she comes....

cheers

tony

Upgrade of my einheitsmüte circa 1917Upgrade of my einheitsmüte circa 1917Upgrade of my einheitsmüte circa 1917Upgrade of my einheitsmüte circa 1917

Default Re: Upgrade of my einheitsmüte circa 1917

Hi

here is a picture of the old one. It is somewhat salty................

I have added the stahlelm badge, it is not original to the cap but I thought I would indulge myself with a little tinkering as I very much doubt an originally badged early stahelm cap will come my for a little while yet...................if at all !

cheers

tony

Default Re: Upgrade of my einheitsmüte circa 1917

Hi

here is a picture of the old one. It is somewhat salty................

I have added the stahlelm badge, it is not original to the cap but I thought I would indulge myself with a little tinkering as I very much doubt an originally badged early stahelm cap will come my for a little while yet...................if at all !

cheers

tony