Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Value of German M18 ear cut out helmets?

Article about: Get some pics for us to see. Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Value of German M18 ear cut out helmets?

Hi

On the made in 1920's point, they only needed 100,000 for the army so I reckon that the stocks in stores would suffice and the need to manufacture more was limited and certainly not the cut out version..........just a theory.

cheers

Tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Value of  German M18 ear cut out helmets?
    P
    Many

In fact, they had so many damn helmets that they were destroying them, lol...Up to their ears, literally!
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Value of  German M18 ear cut out helmets?  

ET66 not good
    chris

Default Imposition

Value of  German M18 ear cut out helmets?Value of  German M18 ear cut out helmets?Value of  German M18 ear cut out helmets?Value of  German M18 ear cut out helmets?Value of  German M18 ear cut out helmets?Value of  German M18 ear cut out helmets?[AT
    TACH=CONFIG]915449[/ATTACH]Value of  German M18 ear cut out helmets? If I may impose, I acquired this stahlhelm from a South Carolina gun dealer recently. He made no representations and I paid $100.00 and have no expectations. The liner is certainly incorrect and I'm not happy with the transfers. if you look, you can see holes for a chinstrap (!) which are directly below the lugs, forward of an M1916. No stampings inside the shell that I can see, perhaps due to thick paint.Yet the cut-outs are flared and the cut-out size seems about right. I'm a Civil War era thread counter with just a small, disturbed collection of German helmets. Would you helmet guys take a look at this and set my mind at ease?

There is something off about it and the photos are not good for determination but I think the tell tale give away on this is the air vent lugs, they are not stepped and the originals were only made in size 64. I think there may be some rare exceptions that were post war but they are so rare as to say forgetaboutit.

Also there is a liner pin on the lower skirt that is out of place. At best this is a re worked Afghan helmet.

?

I've been reading this thread with great interest, but it seems that sometimes there's still some confusion about these magnifficent helmets. I have only one cut-out but I wanted to make a seperate thread about it because it's one of the rarest...
    You can find it here: https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...5/#post1550709
    Hope you like it...

Adler

Quote by Dave Fox View Post
    Value of  German M18 ear cut out helmets?Value of  German M18 ear cut out helmets?Value of  German M18 ear cut out helmets?Value of  German M18 ear cut out helmets?Value of  German M18 ear cut out helmets?Value of  German M18 ear cut out helmets?[AT
    TACH=CONFIG]915449[/ATTACH]Value of  German M18 ear cut out helmets? If I may impose, I acquired this stahlhelm from a South Carolina gun dealer recently. He made no representations and I paid $100.00 and have no expectations. The liner is certainly incorrect and I'm not happy with the transfers. if you look, you can see holes for a chinstrap (!) which are directly below the lugs, forward of an M1916. No stampings inside the shell that I can see, perhaps due to thick paint.Yet the cut-outs are flared and the cut-out size seems about right. I'm a Civil War era thread counter with just a small, disturbed collection of German helmets. Would you helmet guys take a look at this and set my mind at ease?
    Could you show a straight on shot of this one? Also, take a shot of the maker/size stamp over the wearer's left ear. It looks like a size 64 shell with the stepped lugs. The profile of the shell as it sits on the table seems right, and it looks like the cut out area has the "flare" one expects to see in a real shell. Obviously, even if the shell is correct, it has been reworked, as these were M18 models, and there wouldn't have been the need to have a chin strap rivet in the apron, but if the shell is right you hit a home run at $100.

Value of  German M18 ear cut out helmets?Value of  German M18 ear cut out helmets?Value of  German M18 ear cut out helmets? Attached please find the additional photos requested. Due to their absence or to thick paint layers, no stampings nor other markings are discernible inside the shell or its rim, alas.

Unless the pictures are taken head on I can't tell if the "flare" is there. With these pictures I am less optimistic about the originality of the shell. Sorry. Jim G.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast