Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Value of German M18 ear cut out helmets?

Article about: Get some pics for us to see. Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Value of German M18 ear cut out helmets?

This one sold on ebay about a week ago. Someone scored but paid for it. Not too bad at about 1200 dollars. I sold a re furbished cut out once for that amount.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Value of  German M18 ear cut out helmets?
    P
    Many

seller was talking mostly about the linner neing agrd possibly ? helmet size could be larger than a 66 ??? I am aware that ALL WW1 production was marked ET64 . as to the POST WAR GERMAN 1920's production see post #21 and this link also that is quoted German-Helmets.com

I am aware that ALL WW1 production was marked ET64 . and the POST WAR 1920's production was known to be of the larger sizes , to include 66 . Size could be larger than 66 ??? My main concern is with the shell , which the seller says can't find markings ( but that doesn't mean that there are none )
    Seller was saying that the liner was probably a repro that was aged to match the rest of the helmet possibly ???? I probably did not make this clear at all . In any case I did not pay big money for this due to the nature of the description , but paid more like the price for a rein-actor
    Please see post #21 and this link that is quoted several times German-Helmets.com .

Quote by corporalgungee View Post
    I am aware that ALL WW1 production was marked ET64 . and the POST WAR 1920's production was known to be of the larger sizes , to include 66 . Size could be larger than 66 ??? My main concern is with the shell , which the seller says can't find markings ( but that doesn't mean that there are none )
    Seller was saying that the liner was probably a repro that was aged to match the rest of the helmet possibly ???? I probably did not make this clear at all . In any case I did not pay big money for this due to the nature of the description , but paid more like the price for a rein-actor
    Please see post #21 and this link that is quoted several times German-Helmets.com .
    Look at the edges! They tell it all!
    No good!Sorry.
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Gentlemen :
    I am NOT saying that this is a WW1 Helmet . I am told that there were Austrian M18 cut out helments and German M18 cut out helmets that were made between the wars commercially . These were latter reissued to the wehrmacht according to the German version of Ludwig Baer's helmet books, and there are photos to prove it. This is well documented in the German languge version of the book .
    I don't have the book is the problem !

What counts is that you like it!
    cheers
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Sorry but your helmet is not a genuine cut out, not made during ww1 or between the wars. I'm sure I have seen that exact helmet many times before. As was said, a recently made Indian or Pakistani copy.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Sorry but your helmet is not a genuine cut out, not made during ww1 or between the wars. I'm sure I have seen that exact helmet many times before. As was said, a recently made Indian or Pakistani copy.
    I think this is Chinese made ,sorry to say this but it is a very bad one not close.
    chris

I see these "aged" wannabe cut-outs on Ebay regularly...and see people paying big bucks for them, sadly...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by corporalgungee View Post
    Some people say they were made in the 20's. Why make them in the 20's when you had thousands sitting in storehouses from the war?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast