Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Value of a WWI Gold Wound Badge

Article about: Hi all, I was wondering what the value would be of a WWI gold wound badge. The badge is authentic and looks like a very nice collectible badge. It has a very nice patina and there is the nor

Default Value of a WWI Gold Wound Badge

Hi all,
    I was wondering what the value would be of a WWI gold wound badge.
    The badge is authentic and looks like a very nice collectible badge.

It has a very nice patina and there is the normal wear on the high points but the gold is still intact.

I guess the condition would be 'fine'+.

I was thinking a ball park of $120.00 or more; but, I really don't know.

thanks,
    Richard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Value of a WWI Gold Wound Badge
    P
    Many

?

whats your ballpark?

Got photos?

?

The badge shown in the 2nd link is a de-nazified 1939 stripped black badge. The badge shown in the 3rd
    link also appears to be a stripped black. The prices asked by this particular seller for any of his items are
    bordering on ridiculous & must be taken with a grain of salt. I would not be taking anything shown on
    Ebay as an accurate guide. Try some reputable dealer websites, or better still, post some photos.

Regards
    Brett

?

Quote by Brett View Post
    The badge shown in the 2nd link is a de-nazified 1939 stripped black badge. The badge shown in the 3rd
    link also appears to be a stripped black. The prices asked by this particular seller for any of his items are
    bordering on ridiculous & must be taken with a grain of salt. I would not be taking anything shown on
    Ebay as an accurate guide. Try some reputable dealer websites, or better still, post some photos.Regards Brett
    Thanks for making me look a nut They were the only items which showed up on a google search.
    And your ballpark figures are....?

Really, you try to be helpful.....

The Niemann Price Guide quotes...Gold/Hollow 100 Euros, Gold/Cut-out 120 Euros...Condition is important!
    Here is my cut-out....
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Value of a WWI Gold Wound Badge  

?

Hello Nick
    I didn't set out to make you look like a nut. It is just that the items mentioned are not what they
    pertain to be so therefore do not really give an accurate indication. I do not give ballpark figures
    as prices are subjective. Plus here in Australia you pay through the teeth for anything like this.

Regards
    Brett

?

They were all that showed up in a google search, and I would have thought an item's asking price would be a good indicator. That theory works for just about everything else (including ebay).
    I'm not sure I understand why you would pay more for these in Oz; seeing as a very large percentage of German WW1 stuff "liberated" by the Anzacs ended up there.
    At least that forewarns Siegersallee to avoid any Oz sellers.

To tell you the truth Australians liberated very little in regards small items from ww1. Most Items that the Australians took ended up in Canberra or in museums ( i.e the AV7 which is in Brisbane, or the Battle fields of Europe exhibit in Canberra ) . People who live in Australia, my self included see the Australian market for axis items as overpriced. Almost double in price to America or Europe. Ebay and general Google my throw you mixed results to just be on the look out.

Morris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast