Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

very nice Tschapka on eBay... too clean? fake?

Article about: gents, what are your thoughts on this? seems too clean. but the plate looks good. Original M1915 Private Purchase Prussian Uhlan Enlisted Tschapka | eBay

Default very nice Tschapka on eBay... too clean? fake?

gents,

what are your thoughts on this? seems too clean. but the plate looks good.

Original M1915 Private Purchase Prussian Uhlan Enlisted Tschapka | eBay

very nice Tschapka on eBay... too clean? fake?very nice Tschapka on eBay... too clean? fake?very nice Tschapka on eBay... too clean? fake?
    Last edited by glennsche; 06-11-2016 at 04:02 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement very nice Tschapka on eBay... too clean? fake?
    P
    Many

?

From now on post the picture to the thread.
    After the helmet is sold the thread is useless.
    Thanks

duly noted, and fixed!

?

I'm not a fan of the chinstrap or the cockade, and it does look awfully "fresh." Interior shots would be most helpful.

BobS

?

Quote by glennsche View Post
    duly noted, and fixed!
    Thank you sir. You are a Gentleman and a scholar.

I believe that the helmet is a good one in excellent condition and would be a centerpiece for any Imperial German head gear collection.
    Everything appears to be original.

Quote by BobS View Post
    I'm not a fan of the chinstrap or the cockade, and it does look awfully "fresh." Interior shots would be most helpful.

BobS
    very nice Tschapka on eBay... too clean? fake?

?

It has the correct liner in it.

The question is do you have the money to bid and win it ? That is a hefty chunk of cash.

well, most good pickelhauben from smallish units (and i'd count the Uhlans among them) tend to fetch over 1k... i dont think the price is THAT out of whack if its legit; ive followed tschapkas for about a year now and they always sell for 1100-1500 on ebay. and soem of them are *rough*.

there's a perfect one on there now from a UK seller, he just wants too much for it, and its been there for ages at what is USD about 2000... altho that may change if the GBP tanks with the brexit vote next week!

so, that theres been one for sale for at least 3mos at 2k USD and not sold leads me to conclude that 2k is *waaay* too much; most of what i've seen has sold for 1300ish. So this one with its "buy it now" of 1500 seems not soooo bad, if its what it claims to be.

this seller's other auctions have a lot of repro stuff. i assume the Paradebusch (the horsehair plume) is a repro; its way too tidy. and probably the Fangschnurr as well; but i dont relaly mind that. i just want the shell to be legit and not made by slave labor in india for 5euro and then sold on to me for 1000.

The seller does actually point out that the plume is a repro. Still a very nice and desirable helmet though!