Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Weird German helmet

Article about: I recently graduated high school and know loads about American GI gear as well as some Russian goodies, but nothing in the German field of view. I have a guy in Europe who tends to resell an

Default Weird German helmet

I recently graduated high school and know loads about American GI gear as well as some Russian goodies, but nothing in the German field of view. I have a guy in Europe who tends to resell and he will contact a few guys usually and offer stuff before he sells. Well he has this supposed world war 1 German helmet, and from what I see it's shaped very oddly and the liner looks 100% replaced. Can you tell me a little about it? I'm more interested in the shell itself, looks like some weird Russian/German hybrid. Never saw something like this and I'm curious if it's a total fake or something normal, like I said, I'm clueless with this early German stuff. Weird German helmetWeird German helmetWeird German helmetWeird German helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Weird German helmet
    P
    Many

Looking at the big "horns" as I've heard them called. They don't even look even with one another, now I'm really interested because this just looks all pieced together

It's a total fake I'm afraid mate. In reality these helmets did exist but the shape is quite different. The idea was they were to be used by cavalry units, or another theory is they were more compatible with field phones. Known as the 'M18 ear cut out'.

Below an original.

Weird German helmet

Yeah I figured, I was at a military show last weekend and checked some out and I saw nothing close to this, I was mostly curious. Wouldn't know if I didn't ask! Thank you sir