MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The weirdest 98/05 I have ever seen!

Article about: Did any of you notice this one on e-bay aswell...? German 1898 05 Seitengewehr Bayo Faschinenmesser Falchion Trench Knife Sword | eBay Any thoughts on this? It HAS to be fake, or some failed

Default The weirdest 98/05 I have ever seen!

Did any of you notice this one on e-bay aswell...?

German 1898 05 Seitengewehr Bayo Faschinenmesser Falchion Trench Knife Sword | eBay

Any thoughts on this? It HAS to be fake, or some failed attempt in some factory... It does have acceptance stamps though.

Weird. And by all means ridiculously overpriced.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The weirdest 98/05 I have ever seen!
    P
    Many

?

Kris1981... When the listing is sold this thread will be useless for others to compare or otherwise. Please post photos... G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The weirdest 98/05 I have ever seen!   The weirdest 98/05 I have ever seen!  

The weirdest 98/05 I have ever seen!   The weirdest 98/05 I have ever seen!  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

That's a new one for me.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

I think it's reworked after WW1 for agricutural use or so. I've seen a lot of bayonets that were used by farmers after the war. They were adjusted and reshaped for specific use at the farm or in the garden...
    Here's a well known comercially adjusted S98/05 that was transformed for chopping small branches to lit up the stove...

Adler

I'd probably agree with that Adler. Otherwise it wouldn't have valid acceptance marks. Which means it was altered afterwards.

Hello,
    I managed to get the same version as you have, but unfortunately her previous owner tried to "fix it". (He removed rust) I do not know if the handle is made initially or not. Wood looks old. Interesting is the brand (marking) of manufacturer. Which I havent seen yet.. Does anyone have any idea?
    The weirdest 98/05 I have ever seen!The weirdest 98/05 I have ever seen!The weirdest 98/05 I have ever seen!

?

well this is interesting you'd think it would be for something agriculture related, but maybe it was just a way some people re-shaped them after the war to serve as a souvenir?

Bayonet remade into a machete. Nice for cutting brush. I like it!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The First post machete..comes back to Deutche Machinenfabrik AG Duisburg..aka DEMAG.....there is also a WKC connection of blade blanks being sent to DEMAG from WKC.

" A distinctive combination trench- knife bayonets of DEMAGS own design. The particular logo type is from 1915-17.
    Founded in 1819 and closed in 1998.
    IMO ..I would say this bayo/machete is rare as this particular logo had a very small production run compared to the later DEMAG logo types.

The knife in post 6...I could not track down in a list of obscure producers. I assume that this "A_heska" name could either be an abbreviation for a producer or a distributor..which I searched in all my German Cutlery Producers listing turning up nothing. I would say to try another country Edged weapon listing..Possibly from an Eastern Europe Country.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

One more - like Bovie knife
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The weirdest 98/05 I have ever seen!  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast