Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Werwolf Cuff Title - 1st Company, Selbstschutz-Bataillon Wolf, SSOS, 1921

Article about: I couldn't believe it when I saw this battered old thing for sale in the latest HW update, for the price of an EK1. First time I've ever seen one. And probably the last time. It's the same e

Default Werwolf Cuff Title - 1st Company, Selbstschutz-Bataillon Wolf, SSOS, 1921

I couldn't believe it when I saw this battered old thing for sale in the latest HW update, for the price of an EK1.

First time I've ever seen one. And probably the last time.

It's the same example pictured in Haarcke's book.

There were many pretty exotic and far more expensive Freikorps items in the same update, that others bought immediately, but this poor old thing was left on the shelf for some reason.

I think I got a good deal here.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Werwolf Cuff Title - 1st Company, Selbstschutz-Bataillon Wolf, SSOS, 1921   Werwolf Cuff Title - 1st Company, Selbstschutz-Bataillon Wolf, SSOS, 1921  

Attached Images Attached Images Werwolf Cuff Title - 1st Company, Selbstschutz-Bataillon Wolf, SSOS, 1921 
    Last edited by Robin Lumsden; 06-25-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Of course, the 'Werwolf' cuff title has nothing to do with the 'Wehrwolf' Bund ...................... but you can see why I was attracted to it.

It is another very small, but very rare, part of the 'Werwolf' - 'Wehrwolf' - 'Totenkopf' - 'Freikorps' - 'SS' jigsaw puzzle !

I think I'll add it to this case ........................
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Werwolf Cuff Title - 1st Company, Selbstschutz-Bataillon Wolf, SSOS, 1921  

?

Congratulations Robin, it is the thrill of a discovery still after all this time that makes this endeavor worthwhile.

Cheers, Al.

Korrekt !

'Seek and ye shall find' ...................... 'everything comes to he who waits.'

Even the big dealers have bargains from time to time.

?

Quote by Robin Lumsden View Post
    Korrekt !

'Seek and ye shall find' ...................... 'everything comes to he who waits.'

Even the big dealers have bargains from time to time.
    Yes I agree, every once in awhile I find nice items at very low prices on the major websites and I wonder how did this get by them. Thanks for posting the Wehrwolf case !