Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

What is this

Article about: Found this while packing up mother-in-laws clothing. Know father-in-law was a tank driver during the war, but not sure of this item....anyone want to help. It looks hand made, maybe a letter

dosgatos4me
    ?

Default What is this

Found this while packing up mother-in-laws clothing. Know father-in-law was a tank driver during the war, but not sure of this item....anyone want to help. It looks hand made, maybe a letter opener?What is thisWhat is thisWhat is thisWhat is thisWhat is thisWhat is this

?

Default Re: What is this

Looks like a letter opener to me. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

definitely a letter opener and a nice one too!

I agree with what the others have said, looks like a 7.92 bullet with the crown from a cap badge attacthed, then the central piece of a WW1 German Belt Buckle attached to the actual blade

Nice item

Thanks

Danny

Imperial germany Era (WW1) trench art and I also agree letter opener I like it.

Eric

And blade looks like made of artillery shell, nice item, love trench art!

I have moved this thread to the Imperial forum as the item is WW1 in date.

Cheers, Ade.

As the lads have said, a nice piece of trench art ! and a nice piece to own ! Thanks for showing.
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Thats a nice piece, have seen these very similar at various fairs etc, it was quite a common pasttime for soldiers in the trenches , i had a 20mm cannon shell that had been converted into a lighter and then screwed into the base of a larger shell, come to think of it, i dont know where the heck that went, got a funny feeling one of my kids buried it many years ago.