Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do ypou think of these WW 1 panzer badges

Article about: I am relatively sure the Badge on the right is ok. Notice it has hollow eyes - but not all the way through. The other one lacks that, and look at the back. What do you think? Any idea what t

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default What do ypou think of these WW 1 panzer badges

I am relatively sure the Badge on the right is ok. Notice it has hollow eyes - but not all the way through. The other one lacks that, and look at the back. What do you think? Any idea what the good one is worth? I can't seem to find any for sale to compare. Must be rare. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do ypou think of these WW 1 panzer badges   What do ypou think of these WW 1 panzer badges  

2. # ADS

Default Re: What do ypou think of these WW 1 panzer badges

odessa1,
    WW1 tank badges have been discussed a short time ago, an interesting post started by Jock Auld on the 9th March 09, titled ' WW1 Tank badge ? ', have a read of that post, & compare detailing, especially under the tank, these are rare badges.........but read on.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by oradour View Post
    odessa1,
    WW1 tank badges have been discussed a short time ago, an interesting post started by Jock Auld on the 9th March 09, titled ' WW1 Tank badge ? ', have a read of that post, & compare detailing, especially under the tank, these are rare badges.........but read on.
    I found the thread and read it. Thanks. It makes me think mine is legit. It certainly looked better than Jock's ! What do you think Ade? Certainkly the one on the left is a repro. Was "ZEITNER BERLIN" a legit. maker?

Hi Bob, I really don't have much experience with these. Sorry I cannot help on the maker.

Cheers, Ade.

knucklehead
    ?

did you ever find anything out about zeitner i have a badge with his name on the back aswell

I am no expert on these but to me the one on the left looks
    like a cast copy. Especially from the backside.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Neither would find their way into my collection, for any price. Besides the poor casting I see on both, the detail is awful and the hardware is all wrong. These badges are probably in the top five of the most heavily faked Imperial badges. BTW...to the best of my knowledge, CE Juncker and Paul Meybauer were the only makers of these.

Here are a couple of examples that I believe are period originals. Look at the detail and quality:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do ypou think of these WW 1 panzer badges   What do ypou think of these WW 1 panzer badges  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Here is an example that I missed by a few hours a few years ago. It was purchased by an Australian Museum. Sadly, I no longer have the photo of the obverse, but I had no doubts whatsoever on this example. I still lose sleep over not being quick enough...

I believe it was made by Meybauer.

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I see that that the badge on the right in the initial posting is currently being offered on ebay (390138697807) as an original. Zeitner was a jeweler in Germany during the TR era, and produced pieces for Herman Goering of superior quality. This is not of the caliber of craftsmanship produced by that firm. I have yet to see one of these so marked that has NOT been a cast fake - none have come close to being of the quality turned out by Zeitner.

The only known period examples observed that meet the high standards, details and craftsmanship of the period have been those by CEJ or Meybauer.

To name but one of the problems with the badge, the catch on the badge in question is NOT a period type, but is seen quite often on known fake badges. This is however just one man's opinion based on years of studying not only these, but also Imperial aviation badges, so you draw your own conclusions...

Here is a known mark by Zeitner. The 'Z' has two cross sections at the top of the arm.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What do ypou think of these WW 1 panzer badges  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Steven,
    Did Herbert Zeitner ever use his trademark "Z" without the circle around the "Z"?

Thanks,

Johnny R.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast