Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

What are these guys? Germans?

Article about: I was wondering what these guys are. Are they Germans? Notice they have white around the top of their collars. Are they military priests? Notice the hand-made bed frame & table. They are

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default What are these guys? Germans?

I was wondering what these guys are. Are they Germans? Notice they have white around the top of their collars. Are they military priests? Notice the hand-made bed frame & table. They are both made from Branch wood. I have lots of interesting WW 1 uniformed portraits. I will show them all here, in hopes someone will tell me what units they were in. Some of them are pretty cool!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What are these guys?  Germans?  

dicerbodesign
    ?

Default Re: What are these guys? Germans?

May be Russian Cossack division. Hard to tell need close up of those buttons.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by dicerbodesign View Post
    May be Russian Cossack division. Hard to tell need close up of those buttons.
    I tried to enlarge -- no luck. Russian Cossack division of the German Army? They did that in WW 1 too?

dicerbodesign
    ?

Are all your pictures only of Germans, Austrian/Hungarians? I know they are not German for sure.

The Cossack divisions usually didn't look like these two gentleman, but there features and facial hair look very Russian of that time.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Are all your pictures only of Germans, Austrian/Hungarians? I know they are not German for sure.

The Cossack divisions usually didn't look like these two gentleman, but their features and facial hair look very Russian of that time.
    I ASSUME they are Germans or Austrians, but no nothing for sure. Here is just one of them. He is wearing a nice uniform, and look at his bayonet & knot! He is someone's Uncle (so it says on the back.) Any idea what unit he is from?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What are these guys?  Germans?  

dicerbodesign
    ?

This gentleman is German. Look at the emblem on hat. The black, red and white Prussian colours. Looks to be Navy and an officer.

dicerbodesign
    ?

here is a photo of some Hungarians soldiers from WWI. Look at the collar on the one lad. Look familiar?

Hungarian WWI on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

here is a photo of some Hungarians soldiers from WWI. Look at the collar on the one lad. Look familiar?

The web site said the foto was deleted.

dicerbodesign
    ?

I will resend.

dicerbodesign
    ?

Look at the one collar. Very similar to photo of seated gentlemen you posted.
    These soldiers are Hungarian.