Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

What type of Medal is this?

Article about: So I've had this medal that dates to June of 1914(I think)for a few years now but do you guys know what exactly this is? I dont remember what i paid for this but would love to know what it i

Default What type of Medal is this?

So I've had this medal that dates to June of 1914(I think)for a few years now but do you guys know what exactly this is? I dont remember what i paid for this but would love to know what it is. It appears to be some sort of music award/medal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What type of Medal is this?  

Default Re: What type of Medal is this?

theotherhomer...better photographs are going to be needed, at least, can you state what the medal has written upon it, many soldiers carried tokens such as this in their personal possesions, a reminder of home or as a good luck token. I have one that came in a veterans grouping, a "Day tag" for Butchers day in Munich (pre-war), he was obviously in the meat trade before enlisting !
    Prost ! Steve.

Hi Steve, The medal says 'KURHESSISCHES SÄNGERBUNDES FEST CASSEL 27.29 JUNI 1914' On top of the instrument theres a number 75. And two sheilds, one with a Lion and a crown on its head. The other has little x's and a line through it. I'll try to get a better picture

theotherhomer, looks like your medal is for the "Hessian Choral Society" festival a gathering of singing clubs, on 27th-29th June 1914, held at the city of Kassel, which is on the Fulda in the State of Hesse, these singing clubs still exist ! Hessischer Sängerbund - Musikausschuss Hope this helps,
    Prost ! Steve.

Thanks for your help But what would the number mean? Like 75th place or a number of years?

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    Thanks for your help But what would the number mean? Like 75th place or a number of years?
    I would imagine the 75 is reference the the 75th year of the festival.....
    Prost ! Steve.

What would something like this be worth? The ribbon came off of the metal part and was put back together by the previous owner with to strips of sticky plastic.I need some money to buy more ammo to feed my Garand and M44 right now

theotherhomer, unfortunatly like my "Butcher tag badge" it is not military, more of a curio, therefore not much, about $5.00-$10, if that......
    Prost ! Steve.