Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Wool Reichswehr Feldbluse?

Article about: Hi guys, I'm interested in getting my first wool Feldbluse, and this one caught my eye. The length of this Feldbluse is longer than other versions that I've seen, it doesn't seem to have bee

?

Default Wool Reichswehr Feldbluse?

Hi guys, I'm interested in getting my first wool Feldbluse, and this one caught my eye. The length of this Feldbluse is longer than other versions that I've seen, it doesn't seem to have been "Verschönt"(is that the correct term for shortened feldbluses?), it has recessed lower pockets, which seem to mark it as an earlier piece, and it looks in general similar to WW1 Feldbluses in the way that it "bells out" in width at the bottom. It has markings similar to TR Feldbluses though? My only(as of yet) reference book only covers TR items. Does anyone have any thoughts on this piece?
    Thanks, Eddie

Wool Reichswehr Feldbluse?Wool Reichswehr Feldbluse?Wool Reichswehr Feldbluse?Wool Reichswehr Feldbluse?Wool Reichswehr Feldbluse?Wool Reichswehr Feldbluse?Wool Reichswehr Feldbluse?Wool Reichswehr Feldbluse?Wool Reichswehr Feldbluse?Wool Reichswehr Feldbluse?

Default Re: Wool Reichswehr Feldbluse?

Hi

hard to say on these photos but my initial thoughts are not reichswher. Could it be austrian army from 1930,s ?

How many buttons does it have ? eight or six ?

The side pockets are too straight for the reichswehr m1920 and m1928 pattern. The collar material should be made of field grey cloth and the arms ahould have turn up cuffs.

The rear holes for belt hooks to be attached are not generally a feature of these tunics as they had the old style hook buttons sown into the rear above the skirt.

I would post some pics of mine to help you but the uploader won't let me for some reason.

If you pm me with an email address I can send pic of two originals to help guide you.

books to buy are the reichswehr uniforms and equipment by the bavarian museum.

cheers

tony

?

Default Re: Wool Reichswehr Feldbluse?

Thanks Tony, I think I like your theory about it being 1930's Austrian. I know that Austrian tunics sometimes have very deep scalloping on the pocket closures. Steve started this thread recently about his Reichswehr tunic, and this tunic reminded me somewhat of his. (https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...-tunic-122812/) I was confused though, because, as you point out, some of the details are slightly different. I thought maybe that it was a private purchase, hence the full lining, but the makers markings and sizing look kind of like issued tunics labeling to me.
    Thanks!
    Eddie