Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

would this be a rare photo?

Article about: Hello Gents, This is in my collection that came with some other postcards, Though I think this is a private family photograph postcard. I am not that good with imperial so I would like some

?

Default would this be a rare photo?

Hello Gents,
    This is in my collection that came with some other postcards, Though I think this is a private family photograph postcard.
    I am not that good with imperial so I would like some more information about this gentleman. Would something like this be very collectable?

would this be a rare photo?would this be a rare photo?

Best regards,
    Patrick Lewis

Default Re: would this be a rare photo?

Hi Patrick

saw this post a while ago but have only just found the book I needed to verify the uniform.

The post card you have is not an uncommon thing, a photograph would be much more valuable. the troops would have these cards done to send to family or friends etc..

The guy is an enlisted man of the Prussian Garde Zu Fuss with his parade gloves in hand and his (red) parade haarbusch on his pickelhaube. The regiment I had to guess because the hairbrush is covering the plate on front of the pickel! Based on the tunic and type of cuffs that my best guess.

Nice piece...I usually collect four of them together and frame it. Nice on the wall as examples of uniforms of times gone by .

hope this info helps

cheers

tony

You do not say if there is writing on the back, it is usually the correspondence that is the valuable part of period postcards, bearing in mind that postcards usually have limited information as they had to pass censor.
    Best
    Gus

KSH
    ?

Just to avoid confusion Pat - is this a real photograph developed onto quality photo paper with the reverse printed in "postcard format" OR is it in fact a common postcard where the entire image is just printed onto the paper? There is a big difference between the two. I ask because you refer to it both as a photo and as a postcard.

Regards,

Kenneth S-H.
    Last edited by KSH; 01-15-2012 at 12:10 PM.

?

Hello,
    It doesent have any writing on the back no.

KSH- This is a family made postcard. I am looking at it closer now and It couldent possibly be a mass-produced one (the image is off target from the card).

Best regards,
    Patrick Lewis