Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wounded Korporal in WW1 - Budapest Hospital

Article about: Hello, My grandfather was in the Austrian Army (or Austro-Hungarian Army?) during the Great War, he was wounded and spent time in a hospital in Budapest in 1915. Can anyone help me find any

Hi Ernie.
    I think we are going to need the help of one of the Polish members of the Forum.

The upper part of the document reads like this:

1. Participation in major battles (dates, place, military stop and function). That part has nothing handwritten.

The lower part of the document says the following:

X.) Awards and prices (name, reference order, date). He has no Polish awards, but one foreign award, and that´s the handwritten word.

Regards.

Santi

Hi Tony,
    My grandfather was born 12 August 1895 in Nowosiolki (Tarnopol governor), my mother told me that when he was 10 years old he left his home and went with his uncle to Austria (he was not treated well by his stepfather); I cannot confirm his destination 100% but that is what I recall. What I also know is that in his Military Booklet says that he fought in foreign armies, that is the reason why I'm assuming he was not part of any Polish Legions, is my assumption correct? This is the photo of his Booklet. Many thanks for all your help!
    Attached Images Attached Images Wounded Korporal in WW1 - Budapest Hospital 

Hi Santi,
    The hand written word means "award'? It is very difficult to understand the writing, can you spell that word for me?
    Many thanks for your help!
    Ernie

Are you able to post his name please?

The word for the award is " bronzowy " , meaning " Bronze ". But it does not specify what Bronze medal ? This whole ID Card is filled out very sloppy...
    Clerk that filled it out did not do a good job.
    II Polish Legion Brigade was in Carpatian Mountains at that time and plenty of Polish wounded went to Hospital in Budapest, but I am not seeing any confirmation of Him being in Legions.
    The Unit designation given is ; 35 P Obz kr ( P is for Pulk or Regiment), the other I am having trouble deciphering, and He was a corporal in that Unit.

Hi BlackCat1982,
    Of course, his name was Wasyl Mucha.
    Many thanks,
    Ernie

Hello Krakow1,
    Little by little the pieces are coming together! Now I know that he was part of a #35 Regiment, I believe it says Foreign Armies so it might have been the Austro-Hungarian Army and not the Polish Legions, it is just a guess.
    I searched the Internet for Obz kr and cannot find anything, this is the abbreviation of another word...
    Many thanks for all your help!
    Ernie

Sorry friend, but I am not able to read the handwritten word well. I dare not spell it out.

Santi

Hi Santi,
    The hand written word is “bronzowy” or bronze in English.
    Many thanks!
    Ernie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2