Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 1915 Pat Prussian Cavalry Helmet

Article about: Hi Guys, I mainly collect Third Reich Militaria but quite like the look of the attached helmet. I am guessing that it is a fake but would appreciate it if some of you imperial buffs could ca

?

Default WW1 1915 Pat Prussian Cavalry Helmet

Hi Guys,
    I mainly collect Third Reich Militaria but quite like the look of the attached helmet. I am guessing that it is a fake but would appreciate it if some of you imperial buffs could cast your eye over it. I have been "spiked" by these helmets in the past.

Cheers
    Andy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 1915 Pat Prussian Cavalry Helmet   WW1 1915 Pat Prussian Cavalry Helmet  

Attached Images Attached Images WW1 1915 Pat Prussian Cavalry Helmet  WW1 1915 Pat Prussian Cavalry Helmet 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 1915 Pat Prussian Cavalry Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW1 1915 Pat Prussian Cavalry Helmet

Looks like an original lobstertail to me. Nice helmet! Jim G.

?

Cheers Jim!! I do believe I will buy it.

Cheers
    Andy

BLONDI, hold your horses !.....This helmet is purporting to be a Model 1915 Kurassier helm ,the wappen (front badge), cockades and chinstrap are fake !, look at the eagle badge, notice how there is no gap between the legs and body, they are joined...BAD!....The body of the helmet needs further investigation....it has at the very least been repainted inside, the underneath of the front visor should be bright green, there should be a makers mark on the inside of the skull, around the spike fastening bolts....and also a size mark on inside of lip on of lobstertail....notice how the from the side the trim does not flow around the shape of the helm....Bad. Ask the seller for photos of these points I have mentioned, there are heavily faked, some are bad some are passable, like this one ! I will post this thread now, and take photos of mine in 10 minutes and post for you to compare......

?

Cheers Guys! I will hold off on this lid. It does look great though! The dealer does state that the cockades have been repainted. I thought that the wappen lacked crisp detail. (A lesson that I learned from the last fake that I bought).
    Thanks for the info, I am looking forward to seeing your pictures!!

Andy

BLONDI, a series of photos......the photo of the rear lip of the inside of the lobstertail is not good, but you will get the idea !..also I have removed the cockade/chinstrap and liner , notice the slit by the M91 chinstrap mount for the liner pin, and the size again '56', not all helms had this, some had regiment markings here, but all had the size marking on the rear lip. My helm has a Model 1915 Pickelhaube removable spike, the one you show has a 'Kurassier' spike, both were used...however i include a shot of the base with spike removed, it should twist off like a bayonet, not merely pull off !, notice the hatch markings on the top of the mount, it should NOT be smooth as on Indian copies. You should be paying around £500-£800 private sale to anything over £1000 with a dealer. If it is cheaper than this IMO there is something wrong. Hope this helps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 1915 Pat Prussian Cavalry Helmet   WW1 1915 Pat Prussian Cavalry Helmet  

WW1 1915 Pat Prussian Cavalry Helmet   WW1 1915 Pat Prussian Cavalry Helmet  

WW1 1915 Pat Prussian Cavalry Helmet   WW1 1915 Pat Prussian Cavalry Helmet  

WW1 1915 Pat Prussian Cavalry Helmet  

?

Oradour, thats brilliant!! The one that I am looking at is just under £400.00 (Thats why I was looking at it). I will see if the dealer is willing to provide further pictures but I am not getting that warm fuzzy feeling and think I will stay well clear!!!

Disaster Averted

Andy

BLONDI, that may be a wise decission ! it isnt UKM sales is it ?

?

It's not UKM this time, but they got me last time with an Oldenberg helmet. This one is by A to Z militaria but I am confident that this is an honest mistake.
    Attached Images Attached Images WW1 1915 Pat Prussian Cavalry Helmet  WW1 1915 Pat Prussian Cavalry Helmet  WW1 1915 Pat Prussian Cavalry Helmet 

BLONDI, Hope you sent that Pickelhaube back !....utter fake from top to bottom !.....re/ the Kurassier helm, get the dealer to send you e-mail photos of the rear rim size marking, mm on inside skull, and photo of side chinstrap mount with cockade removed, and a shot of the spike mount with spike removed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast