Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

ww1 bayonet?

Article about: Hey guys, I was at the surplus store yesterday and I spotted this one for \\$50 canadian. No scabbard unfortunately. It has the "T" style blade, so I think this example was made befo

Default ww1 bayonet?

Hey guys,

I was at the surplus store yesterday and I spotted this one for $50 canadian. No scabbard unfortunately. It has the "T" style blade, so I think this example was made before ww2.
    The numbers on it are 18912 and there is a small makers mark stamped on, but it is illegible.

What is it and what is it worth? THanks!

ww1 bayonet?ww1 bayonet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ww1 bayonet?
    P
    Many

Default Re: ww1 bayonet?

It kind of reminds me of this :
    German ersatz conversion of a French 1874 Gras w/s. [E038] - $1,100.00 : The Bayonet Connection, - Rare Bayonets from around the World

Boy, wouldnt that be nice. But I dont think it is. Maybe a different version of belgian 16/24? Please help guys!

Belgian Gendarmerie model M1916 or M1924 for M1916 or M1924 Mauser rifles-if the T shape has been ground back it may have been modified by the Germans after 1940. Worth mutch less without scabbard.

Thanks again lithgow, you seem to be the man when it comes to bayonets. But the belgian m1916s seem to have curved wood grips. This one has straight ones?

The bayo has been modified at some stage but not by the Germans as they would have removed the muzzle ring during WW1 and would have shortened it in WW2 to suit their requirements.

I'm hardly an expert but it helps to have a library with a few good books on the subject.

Thanks again! Maybe ill try to lower the price on it, I could see it in my collection.