Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Black Wound Badge

Article about: Hello people! I just bought this badge because the price was just too low and I know it was a gamble since I got it from eBay, but for that price it wasn't a big deal! It looks ok but I don'

Default WW1 Black Wound Badge

Hello people!

I just bought this badge because the price was just too low and I know it was a gamble since I got it from eBay, but for that price it wasn't a big deal! It looks ok but I don't consider myself as an expert so I would like your eagle eyes for this one...
    Do you see any red flags?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Black Wound Badge   WW1 Black Wound Badge  

WW1 Black Wound Badge   WW1 Black Wound Badge  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Black Wound Badge
    P
    Many

It looks OK to me, they are not rare but it doesn't look like a dodgy one.

?

I think that you will find on closer inspection that this item is cast & not pressed. This design is rampant on eBay & the hinge is a dead giveaway.
    There is probably little or no chance of return. The badge is no good unfortunately.

Regards
    Brett

Thank you for the answers guys! As I said, the money was like 6-7 pounds, so no big loss. May I know what is wrong with the hinge? I find many similar ones online and my untrained eyes on WW1 can't spot any differences.

Ok ok! I think I found what is wrong... The base of the hinge is wrong since the ones I see online have nothing like it... No square bases to be seen in any of them! Correct me if I'm wrong...

Either way I requested a refund via eBay and so far I've been extremely lucky with that site, so I think I will win this one! Thank you guys!!
    This experience proved once more that if it seems too good to be true, it probably is...

CBH
    ?

The pebbling on the reverse is also weak, I only have a group shot of mine with one closeup of the WWI.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Black Wound Badge   WW1 Black Wound Badge  

WW1 Black Wound Badge  

Awesome collection CBH. They are definitely impressive.

The seller accepted my return and he admitted it is a copy... Full refund granted! Told you I'm lucky with eBay!! Thank you all!!

WW1 wound badge in black grade is not very scarce. Common types shuould cost ca. 25-30 $. Awarded originals are of iron (so magnetic), but also zinc or brass versions exist (made for private market). The badge was established in 1918, but awarded up to middle 1930s. Beacuse of long awarding period really many variants exist.

greetings
    Tomasz