Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

WW1 Close Combat Hand Weapons / Body Armour

Article about: Looking through a number in "Illustriete Weltkriegschronik " 1916 magazine series came across a illustration of a Austro- Hungarian infantry soldier ready for close combat in a gas

?

Default Re: WW1 Close Combat Hand Weapons / Body Armour

Cool
    Lizardking think the top one is an Indian swinging club though?

Eric

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Close Combat Hand Weapons / Body Armour
    P
    Many

?

Austrian fighting knives. Rich A. in Pa.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Close Combat Hand Weapons / Body Armour  
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Take a look at this one. Although it is only a repro (real ones are like hen's teeth) it still shows the design of the Welsh Trench Sword.

Welsh WWI Trench Sword & Scabbard ima-usa.com

?

Hi

Alech....here are daylight foto...withouth sun...have a good wiew...

S
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Close Combat Hand Weapons / Body Armour   WW1 Close Combat Hand Weapons / Body Armour  

?

Very interesting pics all and all liable to 'get your attention' in a trench melee.

'lokvar,' thanks for posting these interesting items.

?

Lokvar,
    Thanks for the extra pictures, Graben knives as well, nice collection there, particularly like the helmet shield, not a thing you see every day, once in a lifetime find. I'll have to buy myself a metal detector, see if I've as much luck as you. Again great things to see, thanks for showing.
    Best Wishes

WW1 Close Combat Hand Weapons / Body ArmourWW1 Close Combat Hand Weapons / Body ArmourWW1 Close Combat Hand Weapons / Body ArmourWW1 Close Combat Hand Weapons / Body ArmourWW1 Close Combat Hand Weapons / Body Armour

Last sunday´s "flea market snap", an, (salty), Austrian-hungarian fighting knife, 1917 pattern, aka "Sturmmesser".

Such combat knives aren´t that hard to find here in Austria !

overall-lenght: ca. 328 mm
    blade-lenght: ca. 206 mm

Maker:
    RESICKA, Wien

Sadly, the belt loop is missing ...

?

Big Ned is spot on as several British Battalion War diaries mention rehearsals and issuing of patrol accessories prior to prisoner extraction raids! As for being captured with such items in your possession I for one would have 'discarded' the item prior to capture or simply hand it to my officer at the last minute! Finally Imperial German 'fighting knives' were very common and not to be confused with trench raid extras. One of the other members may be able to identify the photo but there is one period image where a clump of trench raid tools are hanging from a British trench side wall, might be a newspaper cutting, but it mentioned "weapons used for defensive close combat in the confines of the trench". Adds a new dimension.

?

Gents
    In the book 'Goodbye to All That' Graves mentions Brits going on trench raids with knives strapped to broom handles!!, uumm 1915 I think could be early '16.

Eric

?

Here's my stuff also used axes, horrible!

Eric
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Close Combat Hand Weapons / Body Armour  

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast