Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

WW1 Curraiser Pickelhaube/repro

Article about: Quote by LAS VEGAS on post 'Jack boots from Russia'...... 'oradour you say all the shouting i have done about the repro items ,i repeat they are exceptional quality for so little money ,but

Default Re: ww1 curraiser pickelhaube/repro

LAS VEGAS,.... amass a collection of refrence books (very important !),do your homework, and gain experiance that will give ' the instinct ' , it takes some decades and you still wont know it all.
    P.S. i can assure you that all the helms shown up to this point are original ( except for the rubbish from the Atlanta firm), how do i know ? its called instinct. IMO you should never give up on originals because there are reproductions being made, i would rather do with out, or else NO ONE would collect !...in this modern age of the internet,where a vast amount of information is available i.e. a miriad of photos, IMO you cant beat ' handling ' the item.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Curraiser Pickelhaube/repro
    P
    Many

Orador you are missing at least one of my points.I simply wouldnt pay the big prices for the rarer items any more.Im not prepared to take the chance.All my other collecting needs are met by buying reasonably priced items which the fakers largely havnt touched yet.iv been collecting a long time antiques ,militaria and the odd car and im convinced everyone is genuine.I personally can never look at say an ss hemet or a para or the curriaser, and be comfortable anymore about their origins.30 years ago no problems ,but now well you know my thoughts.good luck to other collectors who have the confidence to pay big money for rare items.

Guys i hope the sellers of the repro curraiser helmets dont see this,but the more i look at the build quality of this helmet the more i am enbarrased as to how little i paid for it.As i said i am now awaiting another with the steel coloured skull,i cant resist a bargain.i genuinly mean if i ha d of seen it at 195£s i wouldnt have hesitated to pay it.It was virtually 1 quarter of that!!!Bonus is it comes with a beutifully crafted wooden ,and stained stand.I see there is a similar repro in the usa for about 250£s enough said.

?

Dear mr. Las Vegas,

Please stop writing about how cheap you bought a replica... and show some beautiful pictures to convince us
    If possible provide us of high resolution photo's, so that we can see the (maybe small) differences with the originals...

Adler

Adler good point ,i will get photos on as soon as i can.

Herr LAS VEGAS.... Where are the photos ?......we wait with pure anticipation !

?

Herr Colt45, zis is not the von ve vant to see !.....

?

someone may want to see it, the forum only works when people answer... right or wrong , without answers it dies~!

Colt45, you seem to have missed the point of THIS post/threads...it is how LAS VEGAS has aquired a repro helmet and is gobbing off how good it is, we need to see that helmet in order to see just how good it is ! Yours is very nice and shown in the right context i.e. a new post, everybody would like to see it, if you decide to re/post please give a short descriptive, not everybody will know it is a Kurassier model 1867 Garde du Corps Kurassier helm with parade eagle attached.....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast