Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Feuerwehr / Bahn / Post Schirmmützen - Opinions Please

Article about: I was offered these two Schirmmützen, to me they seem identical apart from one has a cockade high on the schirmmutze between two rings of red piping, the other has a cockade lower down on th

?

Default WW1 Feuerwehr / Bahn / Post Schirmmützen - Opinions Please

I was offered these two Schirmmützen, to me they seem identical apart from one has a cockade high on the schirmmutze between two rings of red piping, the other has a cockade lower down on the outside of the sweat band. I was told WW1 fire brigade being unsure what they were, I took only one with the higher placed cockade. Thinking things over are they really Feuerwehr ? or could they be Bahn (railway) ? or maybe Post ?, one is stamped Fernspecher (telephone) on the inside. Could members tell me what they are ? and are any cockades, badges missing from the front of the Schirmützen. Any information would be welcome.
    Best Wishes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Feuerwehr / Bahn / Post Schirmmützen - Opinions Please   WW1 Feuerwehr / Bahn / Post Schirmmützen - Opinions Please  

WW1 Feuerwehr / Bahn / Post Schirmmützen - Opinions Please   WW1 Feuerwehr / Bahn / Post Schirmmützen - Opinions Please  

?

Default Re: WW1 Feuerwehr / Bahn / Post Schirmmützen - Opinions Please

Here are pictures of the second Schirmmutze
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Feuerwehr / Bahn / Post Schirmmützen - Opinions Please   WW1 Feuerwehr / Bahn / Post Schirmmützen - Opinions Please  

WW1 Feuerwehr / Bahn / Post Schirmmützen - Opinions Please   WW1 Feuerwehr / Bahn / Post Schirmmützen - Opinions Please  

?

Default Re: WW1 Feuerwehr / Bahn / Post Schirmmützen - Opinions Please

Nice caps. Great shape for the period.