Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 German cammo helmet

Article about: Hi thought id show my first ww1 german helmet shell to you opinions please.

Default WW1 German cammo helmet

Hi thought id show my first ww1 german helmet shell to you opinions please.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 German cammo  helmet   WW1 German cammo  helmet  

WW1 German cammo  helmet   WW1 German cammo  helmet  

WW1 German cammo  helmet   WW1 German cammo  helmet  

WW1 German cammo  helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 German cammo  helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW1 German cammo helmet

Nice camo shell for your first WWI lid.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Has a name in joined up writing in pencil that says Martens

?

Quote by RanoMukhi View Post
    It's always very nice to see a helmet with the interior preserved in this condition, complete with its liner and chinstrap. The stamp in the dome is the steel mill code (letters) and smelting lot number. The altered chinstrap lug is interesting - likely done to keep the chinstrap from slipping off of the lug.
    What are you talking about ?
    The helmet shown is a nice WW I camo but it does not have a liner.

?

RanoMukhi
    I am somewhat puzzled. These chinstrap lugs look perfectly standard.

Regards
    Brett

Obviously a mix-up on RanoMukhi's part.....we will see, otherwise a fine M16 Cammo shell executed in the regulation style as laid down in the July 1918 regulations.....regulations prescibed the use of 3 colours, yellow ochre, rust brown and green, applied in patches and seperated by a black finger width stripe. It was adapted and applied according to the seasons and often with great artistic licence ! The helmet will indeed have a heat lot stamp inside the crown indicating the origin of the rolling mill where the steel is from...there will also be a maker and size marking usually near to one of the M91 style chinstrap mounts, for example "ET64"...yours looks to be a size 62-64, indicated by the stepped ventilation lug, have a look and see if it is there....
    Prost ! Steve.

Representative and VERY nice Camo pattern. It is a keeper. JIm G.

Quote by RanoMukhi View Post
    It's always very nice to see a helmet with the interior preserved in this condition, complete with its liner and chinstrap. The stamp in the dome is the steel mill code (letters) and smelting lot number. The altered chinstrap lug is interesting - likely done to keep the chinstrap from slipping off of the lug.
    You must be looking at a different helmet to that shown in this thread?

I have always liked these WWI camo helmets.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Great camo lid, great first WW1 German lid

Jason

Quote by oradour View Post
    Obviously a mix-up on RanoMukhi's part.....we will see, otherwise a fine M16 Cammo shell executed in the regulation style as laid down in the July 1918 regulations.....regulations prescibed the use of 3 colours, yellow ochre, rust brown and green, applied in patches and seperated by a black finger width stripe. It was adapted and applied according to the seasons and often with great artistic licence ! The helmet will indeed have a heat lot stamp inside the crown indicating the origin of the rolling mill where the steel is from...there will also be a maker and size marking usually near to one of the M91 style chinstrap mounts, for example "ET64"...yours looks to be a size 62-64, indicated by the stepped ventilation lug, have a look and see if it is there....
    Prost ! Steve.
    Hi cant find a stamp anywhere looked till my eyes hurt! lol possibly painted over.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast