Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Ww1 german ear cut out m18 helmet

Article about: Hi all your thoughts on the helmet please is it a good one ?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Have you seen the "SS" ashtray the guy is selling?.....hahahhaaaaa
    It the same guy that was selling that 100% original danzig helmet.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ww1 german ear cut out m18 helmet
    P
    Many

?

I agree it's reworked. Not only is the cut out shape all wrong, but they added a separate piece of metal rolled around the edge instead of rolling the existing edge of the helmets shell.

?

If post # 2 was the only reply to the original question,this steaming pile of crap
    might just have been purchased on the strength of that particular post! Not good.

Regards
    Brett

The gauge of the metal is too thin also - you can see this by the way the edge is rolled.
    Also, the liner looks more like a vinyl than leather ( aged or not )

One word from me ......blech!!!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Its that well-respected dealer of UK Militaria Ltd, Honeyhole Militaria - and now Spandau Militaria. He lists himself as... Andy Beal B.A. (Hons) - Principal. His supposed partner is... Andrew S , Militaria, antique and deactivated weapons consultant. Although he is actually in Nottingham, he lists his base as Wigan for the purposes of eBay. Some weeks ago I made an offer on a Brodie helmet he had on eBay at a buy-it-now price of £195. There was also a make-an-offer option. I offered £1 for it and asked whether I should collect from Wigan or Nottinham - he declined my offer.

The annoying thing is that he does occasionally have the odd good items at a reasonable price. You just have to root through all the blatant fakes he sells though.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Gunny where did you get that pic from mate? It looks interesting, but the vents are not the stepped type you want to see on a size 64. I'd like to see it in more detail if you have a link?

A cheap ear cutout but an expensive lemon
    German-Helmets.com
    Here mate, it seems some were made in the 20s for larger head sizes!...

Excellent stuff. I had heard of some being around in a 66 but that's the first I have seen. That site is great but a complete pain in the arse to navigate. Like a maze that changes shape behind you.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Excellent stuff. I had heard of some being around in a 66 but that's the first I have seen. That site is great but a complete pain in the arse to navigate. Like a maze that changes shape behind you.
    You are right mate a right pain in the ar*e, but quite interesting!...

?

Helmet is a complete rework, and a poor one at that.

?

Quote by Brett View Post
    If post # 2 was the only reply to the original question,this steaming pile of crap
    might just have been purchased on the strength of that particular post! Not good.

Regards
    Brett
    Brett, you are right as is everyone else who disagreed with my post, there is no doubt about it. Post in haste and you will be wrong. *sigh*

In my defense, however, there are examples of "odd" camo patterns that do date from the Great War period and I looked too closely at this one and excepted it too quickly. The shape of the ear cutouts was the dead giveaway and I should have looked more carefully. My apologies to OP.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast