Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 German helmet M16?

Article about: this helmet i'm bit nervous about i know the liner is a reproduction and the paint is not original but is the shell? also is it a m16? Thanks for looking

?

Default WW1 German helmet M16?

this helmet i'm bit nervous about i know the liner is a reproduction and the paint is not original but is the shell? also is it a m16?
    Thanks for lookingWW1 German helmet M16?WW1 German helmet M16?WW1 German helmet M16?WW1 German helmet M16?WW1 German helmet M16?WW1 German helmet M16?WW1 German helmet M16?WW1 German helmet M16?WW1 German helmet M16?WW1 German helmet M16?WW1 German helmet M16?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 German helmet M16?
    P
    Many

As you said, the paint, liner and chinstrap are all obviously fake. The finish is applied over pitting. It is a real M16 shell, but essentially worthless from a collector's point of view.

This Shell has been tampered with from top to bottom...A patched hole on Top of the Shell, and the two Split-Pins on the Rear Skirt indicate Postwar Fire-Department Use - Attachments for the Leather Neck-Guard- I advise passing on this example...
    cheers, Glenn

?

Thanks helmet2id i got it cheap by WW1 German helmet standards i was just worried that shell was fake as well

MAP
    ?

Shell is real but a relic that has been reworked.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

well you live and learn

It could be an M16 or an M17!...

?

I think i might add that seller did point out the the paint and liner were not original he was just not 100% on the shell. just to let you know he was not a con artist.

The only difference between an M16 and an M17 is the liner band. Leather in M16, and metal in M17. As Gunny said, it could be either.

Quote by Robin View Post
    I think i might add that seller did point out the the paint and liner were not original he was just not 100% on the shell. just to let you know he was not a con artist.
    That is good to hear. The camo pattern is a pretty good exemplar of the regulation application and as long as you went into the purchase with eyes open this is a decent shelf filler if the price was appropriately low. Best regards, Jim G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast