Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 German Leather Tschako

Article about: Well I just traded for this Leather Helmet, in Great Condition, and I love the cover!!!! The photos do not show how the plate sparkles with gold!!! The leather has a white "wax" on

?

Default WW1 German Leather Tschako

Well I just traded for this Leather Helmet, in Great Condition, and I love the cover!!!!
    The photos do not show how the plate sparkles with gold!!!
    The leather has a white "wax" on it..so it looks like it is coming out of the leather...
    I know very little about these, but I saw it and went for it..probably swapped and paid too much..but this one is just GREAT

PLEASE WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS??

DEAN O
    Canada

WW1 German Leather TschakoWW1 German Leather TschakoWW1 German Leather TschakoWW1 German Leather TschakoWW1 German Leather TschakoWW1 German Leather TschakoWW1 German Leather TschakoWW1 German Leather Tschako

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 German Leather Tschako
    P
    Many

?

Hello Dean
    Why MG? as for the leather band I've seen it on Seebataillon and Police examples, uumm I'd like Karel to comment.

Regards
    Eric

?

Well thats what I was told it was....this is one of the reasons I am asking for comments

Dean O

?

I believe the MG shakos had a green felt cover on them and brown leather trim. I too would like to know more about that leather band around the shako.

?

I've never seen an original MG felt job with leather trim,,never but who knows? Dean's helmet doesn't have side vents either unless there is a single behind the feldzeichen mount.

Eric

?

The MG shako is leather body covered in felt, with brown visors, top, and chin strap. Don't confuse this with the press felt helmets made during the war.
    Jägers, communications, train, and other technical troops also wore the shako.
    Missing vents are also interesting - never seen that before, then again this is a private purchase piece. The 1860 shako had the single vent in the front, but the shape of that shako is different.

?

Nothing to worry about in this case. You have an almost perfect private purchase Tschako for Other Ranks. It was used for parades and off duty occasions by (as already said by aicusv) Jäger, train, communications and technical troops. In this configuration worn arround 1914...
    The missing vent isn't a problem, because it's just a variation that is perfectly possible with private purchase pieces. Also note the luxury chinstrap!
    Congratulations with your great Tschako!

Adler

?

Thank you so much!!!! So just that I understand, this in NOT a MG lid and I was mislead..can anyone tell me for once and for all who may have worn this???
    I no little about these, I just like them, so I buy or trade for them...and I am thinking I may have been mis-lead on some of them.

Also, should it have a black and white cockade on one side? I can see no indents to suggest there was one there

Thank You Again

Dean O
    Canada

?

Question, not that I am upset, and I am happy someone with more knowledge did this, but who changed the title of this thread??

Again, I am happy someone did this...just who????

One more thing, I love this piece, however in trade and cash I put out $1400...was it a fair price?

Dean O
    Canada

That was me Dean. It helps in the search engines, "lid" could mean anything
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast