Default Re: WW1 Helmet?

Is it a reproduction?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I'm not sure, I might think it been painted over? it's not mine

The liner and strap look brand new and they make very good copies of these helmets, either that or it's in fantastic condition, so a repro is still my thought.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Agree there my friend

Gentlemen....the shell (looks to be a Model 1918, either size 66 or 68) is to well made to be a fake/reproduction...its overal shape is correct, the folded over edge rim far too precise, fakes tend to "Threepenny bit" (not be smooth, little jumps!) around contoured parts of the rim, the interior of course is not correct..similiar to an M17 steel band, chinstrap bails attached to the helmet shell, like an Austro-Hungarian shell, but too high up to be one of those.....the rivet head on the outside of the shell fixing the bail is the wrong shape for a Imperial WW1 helm....this helmet has been refurbed, and properly recently. It could be a ex-Finnish or Afghan helmet shell (Huge quantities of ex-WW1 german helmets were sold to these countries, after the Great War) with repro liner/pads....has the helmet any markings, on the inside skirt near to the chinstrap bail, for example "ET 66"...any further numbers/letters stamped on the inside of the crown ?...
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Steve, according to the Goodapple book German Helmets 1933-1945 the Austrian m16 could have the rivet posts actually on the portion of the dome as depicted in the photo posted and at that height, agreed that the liner has been messed with ie replaced and the pin is incorrect but is it not possible this is an Austrian helmet refurb
    cheers Dave