Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 Helmet

Article about: G'day all, this is being sold by Snyders Treasures, never bought from him before. It is an unmarked shell for US249.....just wondering what people think.

?

Default WW1 Helmet

G'day all, this is being sold by Snyders Treasures, never bought from him before. It is an unmarked shell for US249.....just wondering what people think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 Helmet   WW1 Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW1 Helmet

Most likely on original shell, but I would like to see the markings to the shell. The damage might be original but could have easily have been done post war as target practise.

I would urge real caution if buying there. Know exactly what you are looking at.....

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Ade,

The helmet shell is apparently unmarked. Like I said I havent dealt with this dealer before and thought someone may have in the past....

An unmarked shell would be cause for concern.

I will say his reputation preceeds him and leave it at that...

Looking closer at the bullet holes, I think I see shiney new steel to the edges of the holes?

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thaks once again, its always wise to listen to the more experienced, He has another shell on there he also calls a KIA shell, but he conceeds it has been repainted and has fantasy decals on it.

Forewarned is forearmed!

He sometimes has some decent original items. This one is too "iffy". Caveat emptor.

qotd, I agree with what Ade has said on this helmet, which appears to be an M16 shell, which SHOULD be marked with a mm, for example "ET64" (on lower skirt by chinstrap post) and heat lot number (inside of crown/top) for example "Bi 475", these so-called "battle damage" helmets can be obtained for a lot less on auction sites...but whos to say when they were battle damaged ?

?

Thankyou all for your help, Knowledge and time......

?

Ade is a real gentleman.
    My personal opinion is that Mr. Snyder intentionally defrauds individuals with spurious items. I have met him personally at the Tulsa Oklahoma Indian Territories gun show or whatever it is called now. About 3/4's of the stuff he had for sale was outright fake. The other 1/4th I wouldn't have simply because I think he is a charlatan. This is my personal opinion and does not in any way represent this forum or Ade.
    I have never bought anything from him I just don't like the old fraud. I have ran into many new collectors that he has cheated and truely feel sorry for them.
    Steve Ray

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Ade is a real gentleman.
    My personal opinion is that Mr. Snyder intentionally defrauds individuals with spurious items. I have met him personally at the Tulsa Oklahoma Indian Territories gun show or whatever it is called now. About 3/4's of the stuff he had for sale was outright fake. The other 1/4th I wouldn't have simply because I think he is a charlatan. This is my personal opinion and does not in any way represent this forum or Ade.
    I have never bought anything from him I just don't like the old fraud. I have ran into many new collectors that he has cheated and truely feel sorry for them.
    Steve Ray
    I would have to agree with you,I never bought anything from him .But after I saw him selling a fake 20 july 1944 wound badge for 10000$ I stop looking at his site.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast