Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW1 Imperial Pilot Badge

Article about: Hello Guys! Could you help me with this badge? Is it real or a nice copy? Thanks for the help!

?

Smile WW1 Imperial Pilot Badge

Hello Guys!

Could you help me with this badge? Is it real or a nice copy?

Thanks for the help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Imperial Pilot Badge
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Have you looked through the existing threads? Would also need pictures of the back before some of the experts here could help.

This thread should help a bit. There is another with a link to a good website but did not have time to find it.

FAKE World War I Imperial German Flight Badges

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi mate, welcome to the forum.

The pic's need to be right way up and showing both obverse and reverse sides before you'll get anyone bothering to comment, as on this showing it's not really worth it.

Having said that, i'm not overly keen by the simple fact the cross is missing off the crown and the sooty finish is typical of many fake badges in an effort to make them look old, and that's without going into examining the details of the design that will differ somewhere, but it's not really my field. Remember, 9 times out of 10 these are not period made, and the dies were used for years after, it's a minefield I don't care to get into. Still while you get your pic's sorted you may want to check this thread out regarding fake Imperial badges.

FAKE World War I Imperial German Flight Badges

Regards, Ned.

EDIT: Curses! Beaten to it! I thought I heard the swish of a silken cape as I typed merrily away....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Photo of backside:

MAP
    ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    EDIT: Curses! Beaten to it! I thought I heard the swish of a silken cape as I typed merrily away....
    Happens to me ALL the time!! ....I'm always last as I'm carefull to not make mistakes so triple check what I wrote!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I think it's almost certainly a fake. The Deschler style hinge and pin are known to be used on this design of fake badge, yet they never made them from what i've read. The design that was stamped with there name was in fact made by the company of Karl Poellath and did not look like this.

Another nail in the coffin is this same badge is being offered for sale by Snyders Treasures at a lowball price compared to it's true value. Check it out below.

BTW, you need to use the forum uploader for your pic's or they will disappear and the thread be rendered useless.

WW1 Imperial Pilot BadgeWW1 Imperial Pilot Badge
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I have more or less given up on these, but this one sure looks wrong to me !

Mfg
    Marc

I am definitely NOT an authority on pilot's badges
    but the quality of this last one is just BAD.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Sorry - but absolutely no way is the back correct - on any type.

Cheers

Tim

From Imperial Flight Badges Vol 1 by Pandis:

WW1 Imperial Pilot Badge

As a matter of interest where did you see this and how much did it cost?

Quote by Allegra View Post
    From Imperial Flight Badges Vol 1 by Pandis:
    That's a good book. I especially like that he asked to use one of my photos
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast