Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 Iron Cross dates

Article about: This is probably a really basic and stupid question, but after searching the forum I can't find the answer, so here goes... During WW1, what date was the Iron Cross and Wound badge actually

Default WW1 Iron Cross dates

This is probably a really basic and stupid question, but after searching the forum I can't find the answer, so here goes...

During WW1, what date was the Iron Cross and Wound badge actually first awarded to recipients??

Thank you for any help and sorry if the question is too basic.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Iron Cross dates
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: WW1 Iron Cross dates

I'm pretty sure wound badges were instituted in 1918-1919, but the first ones weren't awarded till 1933...

Quote by TestMatch View Post
    During WW1, what date was the Iron Cross and Wound badge actually first awarded to recipients?
    Quote by AMTG View Post
    I'm pretty sure wound badges were instituted in 1918-1919, but the first ones weren't awarded till 1933...
    The Iron Cross was reinstituted for WW1 on 8 August 1914; the Wound Badge was instituted on 3 March 1918.
    Sorry; I do not know when the first actual presentations occurred. In case of the Wound Badge, it was definitely not in 1933, but in 1918.

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply guys, it is appreciated. I would have thought that perhaps, the EK would have been presented during the latter months of 1914, but just can find no record of one being presented?

The info on the Wound Badge was very interesting, I didn't know that it was being awarded in 1918, really interesting. Thank you.

Hi,

a picture of Ernst Junger in 1921, you can see the wounded badge. In 1933 was etablished the IIIrd reich wounded badge with the svastika.

WW1 Iron Cross dates

The book "The Iron Time" shows a total of 174,220 2nd class crosses
    award in 1914 alone.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.