Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 M-16 German Helmet Cover

Article about: I have a couple M-16 helmets and have seen hundreds over the years, but have never seen a cover on them. Whats you guys opinion on this item.

Default WW1 M-16 German Helmet Cover

I have a couple M-16 helmets and have seen hundreds over the years, but have never seen a cover on them. Whats you guys opinion on this item.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 M-16 German Helmet Cover   WW1 M-16 German Helmet Cover  

WW1 M-16 German Helmet Cover  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 M-16 German Helmet Cover
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW1 M-16 German Helmet Cover

They are being reproduce now ,and this look like one of them.first this item would be 93 years old but looks like it was made yesterday no stains no rips nothing wrong with it and the seller with probably this item was never use came out of a barn in Germany.

?

I agree with chris on this one, i know there are good examples of original covers out there but as chris says 93yrs without any type of wear or ingrained dirt would i think be a very rare item indeed, but you never know you might be one of the lucky ones!!!

yes,,,a reproduction to be sure...

Quote by davejb View Post
    I agree with chris on this one, i know there are good examples of original covers out there but as chris says 93yrs without any type of wear or ingrained dirt would i think be a very rare item indeed, but you never know you might be one of the lucky ones!!!
    Also the brown ring that you see is made of leather,from the real pieces that I have seen and touch they get very damage with age and just do not stay in good condition due to the material they are made of.

Bad , Bad , Bad ,im older than that mate , cheers Raymond

Gents...these covers are heavily faked, in the past four years I have seen one original for sale, and in the same period twenty or so fakes !...sadly this is a fake, with a known fake "KBAG" marking (wartime guards clothing dept)....these covers were normally contructed from course material , not unlike sandbag material or heavy grade canvas, infact some covers were made at the front, by troops, from sandbags...the German army issued white covers in the winter of 1916/17, and issued grey ones in Feb 1917, medical frontline troops recieving one with a red cross upon it. I show two here, from the Belgian Army musuem for comparison, note stiching around the reinforcement. These covers can be hooked on or drawstring type. One has to be careful when purchasing one of these covers....as is their nature, they will not be in good condition or at very least heavily stained !..as the last photo shows !
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 M-16 German Helmet Cover   WW1 M-16 German Helmet Cover  

Attached Images Attached Images WW1 M-16 German Helmet Cover 

Many thanks for the rapid replays, as I stated earlier I had never seen a cover for the steel pot so everyday is a learning experience.
    Terry

luke72
    ?

apologize but cover was found in italian military base. was dedicate To burn it due nobody kows use. and was items coe from comando ww1 found on old wood boxes. there are considerate confiscated items

Six years, 2 months, 11 days ...... a new record for a zombie thread!!

....and what-the-freak was the last poster on?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "