Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ww1 m16 Stalhelm camo helmet help

Article about: Hi guys just need an opinion on this one. Looks a bit bright and shiny is this a fake paint job? Selling for £745 at the moment. Thanks in advance.

Default ww1 m16 Stalhelm camo helmet help

Hi guys just need an opinion on this one. Looks a bit bright and shiny is this a fake paint job? Selling for £745 at the moment. Thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ww1 m16 Stalhelm camo helmet help   ww1 m16 Stalhelm camo helmet help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ww1 m16 Stalhelm camo helmet help
    P
    Many

Looks like an original camo to me, but shellacked by the vet, something that happened quite often back in the day. Jim G.

Looks like an original camo to me, but shellacked by the vet, something that happened quite often back in the day. The liner is good. All in all, a fairly representative piece. Jim G.

I have the same thoughts as Jim regarding the shellack.

agree with the others.

Hard to tell if it's shellacked or just heavily waxed? A beautiful condition camo lid, in any case and certainly authentic! Thanks for posting!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for the quick replies guys

I'm voting for shellack, my M16 has a similar 'look' which I know to be shellack.

MAP
    ?

Not sure what they go for over there but I think that is near the high end. With chinstrap maybe a bit more? But a nice looking helmet with a complete and wonderful liner.

I have one without the varnish but with a chinstrap but with some more wear and a dry liner (one pad broken) and if I remember correctly paid around GBP150 under this level.

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Not sure what they go for over there but I think that is near the high end. With chinstrap maybe a bit more? But a nice looking helmet with a complete and wonderful liner.

I have one without the varnish but with a chinstrap but with some more wear and a dry liner (one pad broken) and if I remember correctly paid around GBP150 under this level.

That's a nice one! Jim G.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast