Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 medals

Article about: I have no knoledge regarding the attached medals with respect to if they are original or what they are for or a value. But I have been offered them in a swap and would like to knowwhat I am

Default WW1 medals

I have no knowledge regarding the attached medals with respect to if they are original or what they are for or a value. But I have been offered them in a swap and would like to knowwhat I am getting myself into. A rough value would help as they need to be factored into the swap at a fair value for the owner. I realise your not here to value items for people but this is well outside my comfort zone and I would rather ask you guys and be fair than to under value what the chap has.
    All the best,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 medals   WW1 medals  

WW1 medals   WW1 medals  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 medals
    P
    Many

Hi,
    No info on these for me then? I am still hoping these are ok and worth a few bob.
    D

?

Hi

On the top in the middle is an Austrohungarian Karl kreuz Bilder

The value is between 10-25 Eur.

Thanks for that, its much appreciated.
    D

?

bottom picture, on the right

1848/1849 Hohenzollern Campaign Medal for Combatants
    It was given to combatant Prussian troops (officers, NCOs, and soldiers who had faithfully served) for service in the anti-revolutionary battles of 1848/1849.
    Looks good to me ( 30-40e)

next.
    WWI German Veteran Honor Medal.

the addition of a sword and wreath attached to the ribbon would denote a combatant
    award. (around 45e...)

next:
    "Flanders Cross"Flandernkreuz" Honor and Remembrance Cross of the Navy Corps, Flanders ( real 60-85e)

The medal was officially suppressed in 1934 with the issue of the Cross of Honour of the World War (Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges), popularly known as the Hindenburg Cross but the Flanders Cross was widely worn after this date with tacit approval. In all only some thirty thousand Crosses were issued and it is now quite hard to find.

Having said that, I do not like that... fake... wrong ribbon, and at the base of the swords is the casting marks. I have not studied much this medal, so if I'm wrong please Correct me.....

Hi,
    Thanks for the info. I know nothing about any of these so it all interesting stuff.
    D

?

upper pic.
    firss:
    ???

middle:
    yes it is Austrohungarian Karl kreuz Bilder. (20e)

left:
    Franco-Prussian War 1870-1871 Medal (20-30e)

This medal was bestowed upon those who were active during the campaign - who had participated in a combat, or a siege, or who had passed the French border in an act of war in 1870/1871

Again, thanks for this useful info.... much appreciated.
    D

?

"bottom picture, on the right"

SORRY I meant on the left.......

?

firs one:

2nd Hanoverian Regiment Centennial Medal 1813-1913
    (35e-....50e)

found on google...