Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 and Post-War German Imperial Air Ship Badges in Sterling Silver

Article about: Hello All, Once again...it doesn't get any finer than these. Here are truly superb examples of war era and post-war examples of the Imperial air ship badge. Rare and undervalued. Study the m

Luther
    ?

Default WW1 and Post-War German Imperial Air Ship Badges in Sterling Silver

Hello All,

Once again...it doesn't get any finer than these.

Here are truly superb examples of war era and post-war examples of the Imperial air ship badge. Rare and undervalued.

Study the marks on the C E Junker versions. The half crescent moon, Imperial crown to the right, and the silver content in parts-per-thousand. These marks, including their placement in relation to one another, were specified and mandated by Imperial decree in 1886.

The last example was produced by Paul Meybauer. Study its fit and finish - not quite up to the usual excellent standards of Meybauer. The reverse is "economy" finished and marked with a variant of the Meybauer logo. Notice the vertical finishing grooves and dimpled texture to the reverse surfaces. Finally, check out that 1920s steel pin.

The Meybauer badge was originally gilt, but most of it is gone.

Note the different pin types, plus subtle differences in the wreath details. Details are sharp, with high relief; These are important specifics needed to detect the many fakes on the market - some of which are highly deceptive.

Keep an eye out for these badges. At $2000 or less they represent one of the very best values available in the militaria market - if you can find one that is genuine.
    Attached Images Attached Images WW1 and Post-War German Imperial Air Ship Badges in Sterling Silver  WW1 and Post-War German Imperial Air Ship Badges in Sterling Silver  WW1 and Post-War German Imperial Air Ship Badges in Sterling Silver  WW1 and Post-War German Imperial Air Ship Badges in Sterling Silver  WW1 and Post-War German Imperial Air Ship Badges in Sterling Silver  WW1 and Post-War German Imperial Air Ship Badges in Sterling Silver 

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: WW1 and Post-War German Imperial Air Ship Badges in Sterling Silver

Hi,I am sorry to throw a spanner in the works but in my opinion none of the badges shown are original. The second one shown is a well known copy that appears regularly on the market. The third one is a poor quality casting of a ' sort of ' Maybauer ,again these are seen frequently on the various auction sites. The top one is highly suspect also . Ferg1.

Quote by Ferg1 View Post
    Hi,I am sorry to throw a spanner in the works but in my opinion none of the badges shown are original. The second one shown is a well known copy that appears regularly on the market. The third one is a poor quality casting of a ' sort of ' Maybauer ,again these are seen frequently on the various auction sites. The top one is highly suspect also . Ferg1.
    Fergus,

Though I am still learning about this area of aviation badges, you confirmed what I was thinking. I wasn't 100% sure, and didn't want to speak out of turn, but I suspected that you would chime in as such.

Once again, the combination of the crown, moon and silver content marks have appeared on bad badges. I know the jury is "still out" on this combination being legit on military badges, however, I have yet to see a badge with these markings that has been proven to be a period example. As far as badges of the era being "economy" finished, I don't believe there was ever such a bird. The CE Juncker mark itself is not very good, and the lazy "E" almost looks hand-scribed in.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Here is a Maybauer army luftschiffer badge (unmarked).Ferg1

?

Here is a solid silver half size Marine Luftschiffer badge by Godet of Berlin.Ferg1

Laqudis
    ?

I was wondering if someone could tell me a little about these badges. I bought these at a military auction years ago. I had originally thought they were candian badges, however I recently found a few examples that lead me to believe these are German examples. There are no hallmarks but they do appear very old, tarnished and I believe they are silver...any info. would be helpful.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 and Post-War German Imperial Air Ship Badges in Sterling Silver   WW1 and Post-War German Imperial Air Ship Badges in Sterling Silver  

WW1 and Post-War German Imperial Air Ship Badges in Sterling Silver  

@Luther

all the badges you show here are not from the period. The one with what should be a Meybauer mark, is a well known copy.
    I never seen a period JUNCKER marked air ship badge, and of course not with this marks.
    The Juncker pieces are also cppies and i would never buy this for my collection.

Here are truly superb examples of war era and post-war examples of the Imperial air ship badge. Rare and undervalued.
    There are no air ship badges from WW1, because there were introduced after WW1.

Keep an eye out for these badges. At $2000 or less they represent one of the very best values available in the militaria market
    Yes for genuine badges not this you show us. Keep care or you waste your money.

@Laqudis

what you habe is a german U-Boot badge introduced 1918 and a "Erinnerungsabzeichen für Besatzungen von Marineluftschiffe" (navy commemorative air ship badge)

can you show us a picture of the reverse of the navy air ship badge.

Regards Alex

Laqudis
    ?

I took a few pictures of the back as you requested.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 and Post-War German Imperial Air Ship Badges in Sterling Silver   WW1 and Post-War German Imperial Air Ship Badges in Sterling Silver  

@Laqudis

Both are casting copies.

Regards Alex

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.