Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW1 soldiers mugs

Article about: Would like to know something more about this mugs. History and value. I can not find anything.

Archy
    ?

Default WW1 soldiers mugs

Would like to know something more about this mugs. History and value. I can not find anything.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 soldiers mugs   WW1 soldiers mugs  

2. # ADS

Default Re: ww1 soldiers mugs

Hi Archy, welcome to the forum!

I cannot tell you much about them. They were commercial patriotic items which were sold to the general public. The Iron Cross design was a very popular recuring theme. I have seen not only mugs but fine china plates and tea / coffee cups.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: WW1 soldiers mugs

Herr Stevenson is quite correct !...sold in many guises throughout the Great War, transfer printed (the same transfer/decoration can found on many items !)on to a variety of surfaces, pot, stone , and china, and in a myraid of sizes and designations, i.e. plates, cups, mugs, soup tureens etc etc...you could make a sizable collection out of them, they can be picked up at around £10 a cup and into the hundreds for large ornate pieces. All countries involved produced these type of items throughout and beyond the Great War.

Heres mine, the only example i have, a china tea cup, with EK motif, filled with pine cones from the German cemetary in Staffordshire, twee ! i know, but makes a nice display !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW1 soldiers mugs  

Papageno51
    ?

Dear Archy, you have a cup which I look for for years. I found more than 60 but the one who misses me is in your collection. Would you accept an exchange or to sell her(it)? It would be magnificent. Thank you infinitely.

gottmituns@live.fr