Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

WW1 spike helmet

Article about: Hello, saw this guy at a gun show recently and was wondering if it looks ok and when and whom made. Still have a chance to buy it, \\$1,000 to \\$1200 CDN. I know nothing about these helmets but

?

I'll play also. My Baden landwher haube. I bought this before the internet. So I was told it was perfect over the phone. When it arrive I called and said it didn't have a chin strap or cockards and the seller said I never said it did. Got me there didn't he. I made the chin strap.

WW1 spike helmet

Semper Fi
    Phil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 spike helmet
    P
    Many

Nice job on the CS!

?

Thanks Glenn. All I had was a pic on a book I had to go off of to make it. I normally display my haube with my regimental stein. But just had to pop it on Mr Bones I got for this past Halloween. If your friend who is selling has any Baden Cockards and you wouldn't mind sharing . I would greatly appreciate it
    PM me and let me know.
    Thanks again
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 04-26-2017 at 06:48 AM.

PM sent, Phil.

Looks to me like most of you fellows just have one nice example for your militaria collections as I want

Quote by WW2headgearlover View Post
    Looks to me like most of you fellows just have one nice example for your militaria collections as I want
    That's what I thought at first also but then the allure of nice officer chinstraps gets too much...

WW1 spike helmet

And if you're going to have a nice Dragoon Officer then you might as well have a nice Field Artillery Officer as well...

WW1 spike helmet

Then to break the monotony of leather helmets, a nice Kuraissier might fit the bill.

WW1 spike helmet

This can go on and on and I've so far managed to resist anything other than Prussian helmets!

?

The night crew guy who replaces me isn't going to be happy with all the drool on my keyboard!!!!

Those are beauties Glenn

Semper Fi
    Phil

Real nice and great photos! They really sharpen up a display but I have will power. Plus I'm cheap, I don't like spending too much on more then one type of item, this way I can have a larger wide variety for a collection.

I'm still hoping to find a Bavarian officers pickel with silver mounts.
    They're still out there but they cost about as much as my car.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I like the Bavarians too with their fluted spikes. I think for silver mounts you'd be talking pioneer?

Price-wise I find the imperial helmets to be great value compared to TR. I think my most expensive (the kuraissier) was still less than a decent DD M35. Even a General Staff lid with parade plume will be around $2200-2500. The holy grail (for me) is a GdK parade lid with the eagle or lion device on top and even then you're only getting up to nice SS lid prices.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3