Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW1 Spike Helmet

Article about: Have a chance on this one. WW1 Canadian Vet bring back with name & family history. Looks all original but what type? Thanks for any info.

I thinking about it but trying to nail down the right price.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW1 Spike Helmet
    P
    Many

I meant the support disk and thanks. How much would the family history with Vet bring back add to the price? I'm thinking value is somewhere in the middle of the 2 sold ebay helmets. The seller is selling it for that family so wondering what a fair price for him would be whether I buy it or not.
    thanks

WW2headgearlover: I thinking about it but trying to nail down the right price.
    O.K. The right price is something you have to decide, just like you do when you buy WW2 headgear that you love.

WW2headgearlover: I meant the support disk and thanks. How much would the family history with Vet bring back add to the price? I'm thinking value is somewhere in the middle of the 2 sold ebay helmets. The seller is selling it for that family so wondering what a fair price for him would be whether I buy it or not.
    thanks
    It's whatever you want to pay for it. Sorry, but you've lost me with any additional help here. I can't hold your hand throughout the price decision making process...

Ok I understand thanks. Wanting to see what collectors of these helmets would say is fair.

I can get it for $400 CDN, ok price I think.

I'll jump back in here if you don't mind.

$400 CDN is a very fair price for you. The helmet is very good, and the price is very fair. It if was me, I'd go for it. I hope you can acquire it. I can assure you that you won't find one as good as this on a Dealer Web Site for only $400 CDN, if that helps alleviate any worries.

Best Regards,

Alan

Seller is a reasonable chap and after your guys insights forwarded we came to a fair price. When it's in hand I'll look for maker stamps etc. And I believe you are right Alan about the split pins but want to make sure also. IT's a common lid with no brass flash but I like it and it's history as my first.

Thanks for the help all. Every time I come on you guys save me $$ and make sure the frauder's don't get me lol.
    Last edited by WW2headgearlover; 02-03-2019 at 11:27 PM.

It's finally home. Just like you said proper split pins. 1915 date.

WW1 Spike HelmetWW1 Spike HelmetWW1 Spike Helmet

Nice helmet for the price.
    Congratulations.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

I'm really happy about it and family history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2