Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

WWI 10TH LANDSTURM Inf Soldbuch

Article about: Does this show to be 100% authentic? and if there is anything else to point out about this please do!

Default WWI 10TH LANDSTURM Inf Soldbuch

Does this show to be 100% authentic? and if there is anything else to point out about this please do!

WWI 10TH LANDSTURM Inf  SoldbuchWWI 10TH LANDSTURM Inf  SoldbuchWWI 10TH LANDSTURM Inf  SoldbuchWWI 10TH LANDSTURM Inf  SoldbuchWWI 10TH LANDSTURM Inf  SoldbuchWWI 10TH LANDSTURM Inf  Soldbuch

?

It definitely looks genuine to me: it would be extremely hard to fake this style of handwriting, which was used during the 19th and early 20th century.

This Soldbuch is actually a very interesting piece of history because it was issued to a man born in Switzerland. Provided he remained a Swiss citizen, then he would be one of those foreigners who volunteered to the German army with the outbreak of the war.

A few facts about him which I was able to translate:

Unteroffizier (NCO) Paul Meyer
    2. Landsturmkompagnie

Born: 16. 10. 1882 in Neuchâtel, Switzerland
    Unmarried with no children

It also seems he was vaccinated against cholera (20. 3. 1916) and typhus (12. 6. 1917) and that he wore glasses.

He enlisted first in 1905 and then re-enlisted in August 5 1914 with the outbreak of the war. During October 1916 he had two weeks of vacation and then again in September 1918.

As Pavel states, nothing wrong with that Soldbuch and cover, nice piece of history !
    As most people can not read old German script (Sutterlin) I would imagine even less can even write it these days !
    Prost ! Steve.

?

Beautiful handwriting.

And yes this soldbuch looks genuine in my old eyes.