Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WWI Belgian/German cross w/swords

Article about: I've come across this Belgian cross or croix w/ crossed swords cased. Looks German made or at least influenced due to the style of the swords.. I would have gotten more images but I had no m

?

Default WWI Belgian/German cross w/swords

I've come across this Belgian cross or croix w/ crossed swords cased. Looks German made or at least influenced due to the style of the swords.. I would have gotten more images but I had no more room on my camera. It looks like a WW1 German award for Belgian volunteers? Or Germans in Belgium? Thanks for any help, fellas
    Dean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Belgian/German cross w/swords  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI Belgian/German cross w/swords
    P
    Many

According to this page, it looks like an 1885 military cross second class

Military Cross (Belgium) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

?

Very insightful, Pete.
    Thank you very much. I did a bit of online research but hit dead ends. You helped out a lot, friend. I'm thinking of getting it now. It's very nicely constructed.

It does look very sharp. I've been looking at some ww1 samples of these, but they're no where near as well made, but then considering how much of Belgium was left unoccupied in ww1, it stands to reason. I didn't know they went back that far. From what I've read about the French versions, they only started with theirs during the war. And here I thought collecting medals would be a nice not too expensive way to collect, little did I know how many there are lol

?

Yeah , this is a never ending field of collecting! This also nicely cased as mentioned. Ill post more of it when I end up picking it up.
    There so many different variations of this style medal, that's why I had trouble researching it.
    Dean.