Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWI Gas Mask Set

Article about: Very nice mask. Also noticed that the mask is marked size "2", not very many you see today have the size marking on them. I'll agree with the "leave it alone" vote. Anton

Default WWI Gas Mask Set

Hi
    I was told this is an original WWI German gas mask set,there is only one marker I can find like "B 17 Juni ? U-C-U" on the filter can.Please inspect it for me thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Gas Mask Set   WWI Gas Mask Set  

WWI Gas Mask Set   WWI Gas Mask Set  

WWI Gas Mask Set  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI Gas Mask Set
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWI Gas Mask Set

Hello,
    The person who told you that it was from WWI was right.
    What you have there looks like a nice Gasmask 17 with its canister. Everything is correct...
    Instead of U-C-U, IMO what is stamped is 11-C-11...but i'm not very specialized in WWI stuff...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hi JPhilip
    Thanks a lot for your kind help.
    She told me this stuff has been in her basement for a looong time.But sorry that I forgot to mention there are 5 straps broken!!!
    Should I try to fix them or just leave them alone?thanks again.

BTW: there is a broken wire included but I don't know what's that for?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI Gas Mask Set   WWI Gas Mask Set  

Hi, thats a beautiful item you got there, if you know how to repair the straps, i think you should do it, it will only improve its value.
    Best regards
    nuno

Hi, its a great example, thanks for showing it , if it was up to me I'd leave it as it is and not bother restoring it I've never actually handled one of these masks, but I've always thought that it was a piece of string thats attached to the front of them to help support the filter. But in this case as you said its a piece of wire, it loops around the small hoop on the filter mount on the front on the masks facepiece and the other end of the wire is attached to the masks head harness/straps. I hope this helps solve your question.

Thanks

Danny

Hi Danny
    Thanks for your kind help and comment.
    The wire seems had been used in the same way as you said,thought it is very vulnerable now. Maybe it's better to leave it as it too,thanks again.is!

IMO you should leave everything as it is....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

kevin710, a nice original, been there, model 1917 'Lederschutzmaske' complete with spare set of lens, we know it is a 1917 model, as earlier models the 1915 model, were made of rubberized material and were called the 'Gummimaske, and in the model 1918 mask, the 'spider' reinforcements on the inside of the lenses were removed, and as JPhilip states, leave it as it is.

Quote by oradour View Post
    kevin710, a nice original, been there, model 1917 'Lederschutzmaske' complete with spare set of lens, we know it is a 1917 model, as earlier models the 1915 model, were made of rubberized material and were called the 'Gummimaske, and in the model 1918 mask, the 'spider' reinforcements on the inside of the lenses were removed, and as JPhilip states, leave it as it is.
    Hi oradour
    Thanks a lot for your helpful expertise.
    I thought those two "flat cakes" are used for the filter.

Cheer
    Kevin

?

how much would you sell it for?
    please send me a privat message

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast