Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WWI German Artillery Shell LARGE ...Value?...Need help ASAP Please!

Article about: I was going to sell this shell casing but now I worry I may not be asking enough.. Annoyed from this ads?   I am told this came from a train gun in Germany WW1 The writing reads Patrone

Default WWI German Artillery Shell LARGE ...Value?...Need help ASAP Please!

WWI German Artillery Shell LARGE ...Value?...Need help ASAP Please!WWI German Artillery Shell LARGE ...Value?...Need help ASAP Please!WWI German Artillery Shell LARGE ...Value?...Need help ASAP Please!WWI German Artillery Shell LARGE ...Value?...Need help ASAP Please!I was going to sell this shell casing but now I worry I may not be asking enough..

I am told this came from a train gun in Germany WW1

The writing reads Patronenfabrik Karlsruhe VII 214 1918 with the Crown with a M on top

Overlal decent shape...has some tarnish etc, as photos show. Writing is still visible. I would say it's about 2.5 or 3 feet tall .

I want to know the Value or rarity please...I was asking $85 , but I may be too low?...
    Last edited by historyrecovered; 10-15-2014 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Photos !

Hi there,

I think better photo's are required here, in focus. The crucial part is the base with all the stamped details to determine what calibre it is. My thinking is it will be for a naval gun, some of these were mounted on rail bogies. Any ACCURATE measurements in millimetres of the case length and business end diameter would also be a great help.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Check out the Kaisers Bunker web site. He has a excellent section on Imperial artillery shells and lots of photos.