Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWI German Helmet??? Amazing decal!!

Article about: The paint looks original indeed, but I would never buy a helmet based on only one tiny picture like this. Helmets like this are very desirable for collectors and very hard to find... this al

Default WWI German Helmet??? Amazing decal!!

Posting for a friend. Ths was recently discovered in Villach Austria. It was along side many other wwi and wwii items. For this reason and others, I feel this item is not a reproduction; nor the decal. This is WAY out of my ballpark. Any info. would be amazing! I've done as much research as my knowledge will allow me, but have came up very short with any info! Thank all, have an feeling this maybe something special. More pics to follow.
    C.S

WWI German Helmet??? Amazing decal!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI German Helmet??? Amazing decal!!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: WWI German Helmet??? Amazing decal!!

Very intriguing ..the skull does not appear to be a decal but rather a personalized paint job.
    I like it!
    Dean

Quote by Dean View Post
    Very intriguing ..the skull does not appear to be a decal but rather a personalized paint job.
    I like it!
    Dean
    That never even accrued to me. Thanks for the input. More photographs are needed to be sure IMO.
    Still waiting from my friend for them.

?

Yo! I have relatives in Villach. Lovely part of the world.

I digress, nice helmet and the totenkopf was common in WW1 I believe. Think there was a regiment with that insignia.

?

If original I think it could be a Freikorps 1919-1920 helmet.

Cheers, Pat

Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    If original I think it could be a Freikorps 1919-1920 helmet.

Cheers, Pat
    Pat is likely to be correct in dating the TK, if it is an original period done item. You really need to try and post much better pics if you can, though items like this are probably only really seen best in the hand. Good luck with it and I hope it is an original item, though the ones I remember seeing had the TK on the front.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

That never 'occured' to you ?. I'd shy away from such things if such things don't occur in thought off hand. Too, way too easy to get burned.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Pat is likely to be correct in dating the TK, if it is an original period done item. You really need to try and post much better pics if you can, though items like this are probably only really seen best in the hand. Good luck with it and I hope it is an original item, though the ones I remember seeing had the TK on the front.
    Agreed. The only onces I could find elsewhere had the decal on the front. But due to the circumstance, I have no doubt it's original. I'm working on new photos as I type. Thanks for all the comments. Is this a rare item?

Quote by gew98 View Post
    That never 'occured' to you ?. I'd shy away from such things if such things don't occur in thought off hand. Too, way too easy to get burned.
    I have no doubt this item is original. I haven't had it in hand. Staying away would be foolish knowing the history of the item and family. I'm not a collector of WWI items, and am just trying to learn more about this item.

?

It still seems to be in its originsl WW1 paint...could well be a storm troopers lid

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast