Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WWI German Helmet??? Amazing decal!!

Article about: The paint looks original indeed, but I would never buy a helmet based on only one tiny picture like this. Helmets like this are very desirable for collectors and very hard to find... this al

?

Default Re: WWI German Helmet??? Amazing decal!!

The paint looks original indeed, but I would never buy a helmet based on only one tiny picture like this. Helmets like this are very desirable for collectors and very hard to find... this also means that they are faked a lot... because money is involved and it's not so hard to paint an insignia ore whatever on a helmet...
    What I mean is, get as much high detailed pictures first, because nobody can tell it's original or not, with this one little picture...

Adler

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI German Helmet??? Amazing decal!!
    P
    Many

The Brunswick Infantry and Cavalry regiments in WWI quite famously used the skull and bones as their emblem. Perhaps it could be from the Braunschweigisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr.92 ?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you friend. Great info. Not to interested in this item, like I said this is for a friend, but if I did want it even though I know the family history with it, I would still of course want better photos. Out of respect for the family, I am not using any names. They don't want to be affiliated with the nazi regime. They had family in both wars, who fought for German both times, and item from german from both wars as well. This thread was not to authenticate, yet to get a better idea of what they had. Thanks for helping me guys, as soon as I receive more photos, I will upload them. If anyone is interested in seeing what they have from the tr period, I'll will post what I have. Just don't want to get to side tracked. thanks again!

I would more be leaning towards Freikorps with this helmet.
    Morris

But didn't the freikcorp display the scull on the front and wasn't it an different scull anyways?

?

It could be Finnish from the Talvisota (Winter War) of 1939 - 1940 between Finland and the Soviet Union. The Finnish Army was equipped with a number of different helmets from several countries but the German M1916 was probably the most common. A popular Finn decoration for their helmets was the Skull and Bones in several different configurations but the symbol was usually painted on the front. The symbol does show up in the Continuation War of 1941 - 1944 also against the Soviet Union. It is less common during the Lapland War of 1944 - 1945 where Finland was forced by the Soviet victors of the two previous wars to kick their former nominal ally, Nazi Germany, out of Finland.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2