Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread

Article about: Hi guys, My latest trench knife :-) ERN mm and imperial stamped . The complete knife is in fair to good condition, with some rust pitting on the blade :-/ Unfortunately the tip is broken ! I

Default English Language release of German Ersatz Bayonet Book (Next week)

Greetings all,

I just wanted to create an awareness of next week’s release of an English Language (paperbacked) version of Christian Méry, Les baïonnettes ersatz Allemandes (Brazey-en-Plaine: Édition du Brevail, 2013) as mentioned in my initial German Knife’s bibliography page. While not a book on German Trench Knives, it does have some relevant Knife/Bayo examples and is a great book for those interested in German Ersatz bayonets. Price total for US delivery is $83.00, all others please see the attached flyer for non-US pricing information. Payment may be sent to christianmery@wanadoo.fr via PayPal. I have also attached a flyer for his latest (soon) release on WWI French Fighting Knives, initially it will be in French Language only, but at some point it too will receive an English language treatment. Just thought you Gents would want to know about these upcoming works. Please, send any questions about his works directly to him. I have no affiliation with Mr. Christian Méry, but I do consider myself a devoted “fan” of his most excellent collector focused books.

Regards,

Lance

Double click on the pictures to enlarge.

That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife ThreadThat WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread
    P
    Many

?

I have the original French edition of Mr. Méry's book and can't say enough good things about it. He has expanded on Carter's work and the photography is excellent. Glad he is having the volume translated, it will surely become a standard reference for Imperial bayonet collectors.

?

What an excellent thread my first look see, beautiful pieces Gents.

Eric

Default Wooden handle private purchase knife.

Greetings all,

Yet another private purchase knife this week, with a 156mm long unmarked blade. It has a distinctively shaped wooden handle and it is especially neat to see one in a contemporary photo too. The picture’s credit goes to page 25 of Christian Méry, German Combat Knives: 1914-1945 (Paris: Histoire & Collections, 2011).

Regards,

Lance

Double click on pictures to enlarge.

That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife ThreadThat WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread

?

Yet another graceful 'sticker.'
    Very good looking dagger.
    Nice period pic as well.
    I like, that you include those period pics; it adds another interesting dimension to the knives.

Default Another private purchase Eickhorn, but a useable bayonet too.

Greetings all,

A bright finished and “fixable” private purchase Eickhorn with a blade’s length of 144mm. Not exactly intimidating when fixed (to a rifle), but perhaps in a trench a bit more useful.

Regards,

Lance

?

Hahaah, could make a lesser person feel inadequate, when sporting this and seeing the big saw back bayos ;-)
    Would still get someones attention when poking them with it though :-)
    Great pics and comment/info as usual.

Quote by militariaone View Post
    [SIZE=4]Greetings all,

A bright finished and “fixable” private purchase Eickhorn with a blade’s length of 144mm. Not exactly intimidating when fixed (to a rifle), but perhaps in a trench a bit more useful.

Regards,

Lance
    Another example of a similar knife, but made by Anton Wingen Jr. This one is not fixable to a rifle and has blackened fittings with a horn handle. The blade is 16 cm with an overall length of 26 cm.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread   That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread  

That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread   That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Default Notched Backhaus Trench Knife

Greetings all,

This week another private purchase German made knife. The blade is 136mm long (blade’s tip is broken off) and while it’s maker unmarked it is probably made by the Backhaus firm. The notch in the crossguard is ostensibly used to snap barbed wire, but this seems a rather flimsy affair to break the thicker gauged war wires that were contemporarily used. Please, refer to my post #17 of this thread for a link to other related knives.

Regards,

Lance

?

Interesting and good looking knife. A new one to me. Thanks for showing us.
    I agree completely re the barbed wire notch - both in regards to the use of the notch and for how cumbersome (read useless) it must have been in regards to certain types of wire.
    ....Not that modern knives look to be much better IMO. Some of those modern knives with the silly 'tactical' moniker also have a similar looking/sized notch ostensibly for 'breaking' barbed wire.
    Some of them (even some of them supposed to be used by armies) dont look like very effective barbed wire notches (not that I go about cutting/breaking a lot of barbed wire these days, LOL).

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast