Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread

Article about: Hi guys, My latest trench knife :-) ERN mm and imperial stamped . The complete knife is in fair to good condition, with some rust pitting on the blade :-/ Unfortunately the tip is broken ! I

I love those stag handled fighters.

This is my only contribution and it's a slim addition
    at best.

This is a German commercially available knife marked
    "Solingren" I am assuming that this is a post ww1 knife.

It is a massive knife. It is 13 inches long and the blade is
    nearly 7mm thick and weighs just a couple ounces under
    a pound. It is razor sharp and I have no doubt that it
    could pretty much take an arm right off an approaching foe.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread  
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread
    P
    Many

One more "Knicker" from my collection.
    This one is made by Anton Wingen Jr.
    The handle is a full tang and the total length is 19 cm's, the handle being 10 cm long.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread   That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Default An unmarked “Leupold” model trench knife.

Greetings all,

Here’s an unmarked example of the “Leupold” model, similar to posts #42 and #84 of this thread. The blade’s length is 147mm and there are no fraktur marks/stamps anywhere to be seen. This trench knife is one of the most prolific WWI German trench knives’ styles collectors will encounter and as a durable design, many would go to war again during WWII with their original WWI owners’ sons. Many will be found in contemporary WWII spring clip scabbards as the original WWI period's scabbards did not hold up well if not cared for/stored properly.

Regards,

Lance

Double click picture to enlarge.

This is probably my favorite design of the ww1 fighting knife.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

My favorite is definitely the DEMAG "crank handle" ! Very industrial looking ;-)

Mfg
    Marc

Default Christmas 1917, private purchase knife.

Greetings all,

This week a private purchase knife, which commemorates Christmas 1917. The blade is 150mm in length and the wooden handle (made to appear as antler), has shrunk over the decades causing the crossguard to loosen. Note too, the lip attachment on the scabbard. This is so it could be worn comfortably in a boot without slipping down into it.

Regards,

Lance

Double click to enlarge the pictures.

That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife ThreadThat WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread

Default Italian M1916 Knife as used by Austrians.

Greetings all,

I have and will be taking an extended “holiday” from posting as I pack up and move back to Germany. My collection will be shipped overseas and unavailable for updates for another month or so, but I thought I’d post one more knife before I shut down operations here in the States.

It is quite common to see Italian Soldiers with Austrian M1917 Sturmmessers in contemporary photos, but not Italian M1916 fighting knives being carried by Austrian Soldiers. The knife has a 170mm blade, is a cut down Vetterli bayonet, and is using an Austrian M95 Bayonet scabbard/frog as a replacement sheath. The Austrian Soldier in the photo is using the original (read: correct) Italian leather scabbard also from a cut down section of a Vetterli bayonet’s scabbard.

Stay well and happy hunting, gents.

Regards,

Lance

Double click to enlarge the picture.

I really like the Italian trench knives and with that the (somewhat glorified) role of the Italian arditi. I'm really satisfied with a personalised version I have in my small collection.

Good luck with the move and hope to see an update after everything is settled.

Best regards,

Sven

?

Hey Lance,
    I wish you a great move and I'm sorry to have never meet you while you were in the US. Take Care of Yourself and I look forward to hearing from you again!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Hey Lance,
    I wish you a great move and I'm sorry to have never meet you while you were in the US. Take Care of Yourself and I look forward to hearing from you again!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    No sweat Phil, I own some property up in Prescott... I'll eventually get back to AZ. I'm hoping for at least another five years in Europe... but eventually I'll get back to AZ. I do miss the weather and scenery there.

Regards,

Lance

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast