Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread

Article about: Hi guys, My latest trench knife :-) ERN mm and imperial stamped . The complete knife is in fair to good condition, with some rust pitting on the blade :-/ Unfortunately the tip is broken ! I

Stumbled into this one recently. Does it belong in this thread?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread   That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread
    P
    Many

RMD
    ?

An extremely informative thread. I'm impressed... .

... Thanks' for taking the time to share all of this information

Take care.

Default A DEMAG manufactured Leupold Trench Knife Variant.

Greetings all,

Been rather busy of late and posting is my first vice to suffer. Anywho, for your viewing’s pleasure, here is another manufacture’s marked Leupold Trench Knife’s variant; this time made by DEMAG. The 130mm blade is a tad short (about 15mms I’d guess) from its original length from one too many games of mumblety-peg, and too, the manufacture’s logo is a bit worn. This knife is definitely a candidate of possibly having served in both WWI & WWII due to its tired condition. However, (as discussed before) obtaining manufactures’ marked Leopold’ variants is never a particularly easy task. As such, I hope you will understand the “why” behind sharing such a well-worn example. Yes too, I would have to agree the DEMAG’s emailleschild is far cooler than this particular shared knife.

In one of the logos’ inset images (top right), I have taken the liberty of sharing an alternate and (I believe) slightly earlier DEMAG manufacture’s mark occasionally found on this same style of Leupold knife. The later ovoid mark found on this presented blade is from when DEMAG had their branding’s design a bit more formalized. I don’t possess dates of when this switch occurred yet, the ovoid mark is a simpler more evolved logo’s design, and hence, my supposition is that it is a “later” or subsequent variant.

Hope all of you out there in the forum are doing well. And as always I wish you the best of luck in your collecting field. Happy Hunting!

Best,

V/r Lance

Double click on the image to enlarge.

?

Sturmmesser of my collection

Default A second Ed. Wüsthof manufacture’s marked Leupold styled German Trench Knife.

Greetings all,

This month's acquisition is this 147mm bladed Ed. Wüsthof Leupold variant German Trench Knife. Started in 1814 in Solingen, this company continues making cutlery to the present and is well into their seventh generation of operating under the Wüsthof family’s supervision. As discussed in earlier Leupold variants' posts, these styled knives when unmarked are quite common as many were produced. Yet, manufacturers’ marked ones while not exactly “rare” are not particularly plentiful.

A similar Ed. Wüsthof marked knife is posted on this thread’s post #180, but this post’s example possesses a different type of (darker) wood used on its handles’ scales. Additionally, on this post’s example, the wooden handles are significantly thicker (i.e. beefier) and lastly, the manufacture’s trademark is smaller in overall size than the example viewed in post #180.

For those curious, the 1917 dated brass cartridge is for a 21 cm Mörser 16 the “little” brother to the 42 cm "Big Bertha" (it is a similar type of gun as the paperweight displayed in the image yet, not quite an exact match).

Happy Hunting!

Best,

V/r Lance

Double click on image to enlarge.

Stumbled into this one recently. Any thoughts on it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread   That WWI German & occasional Austrian Trench Knife Thread  

Looks like I accidentally ended up with an old Knicker, too. The inscription on the blade is hard to read; does it say 'Flanco'? Or maybe 'Hanco'? I'm not familiar with these, sorry.

Default A WWII Example

Quote by M14sRock View Post
    Stumbled into this one recently. Any thoughts on it?
    Greetings, yes, here's its twin The same make/model of “Mr. Battle of the Bulge’s” private purchased German Trench Knife.

Best,

V/r Lance

Quote by M14sRock View Post
    Looks like I accidentally ended up with an old Knicker, too. The inscription on the blade is hard to read; does it say 'Flanco'? Or maybe 'Hanco'? I'm not familiar with these, sorry.
    Greetings,

I will have to wait for my reference books to get unpacked as I currently do not have access to them during my move. I'm not familiar with the marking and would have to look it up.

Best,

V/r Lance

Perfect!! I'l be patient. Thanks!

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast