Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Wwi pickelhaub - please help - what do i have here

Article about: Hello, I picked up this German Pickelhaub today. I believe it is Prussian but I am not sure. Can you please tell me what I have here? Anything about it would be helpful. Annoyed from this ad

Quote by anton67 View Post
    Does anyone know if it is an officer's 1915 pattern prussian haube?
    No, somebody has just added (incorrectly) Officer style Reich & state cockades.........but there was an Officers M15 version with detachable scales chinstrap & spike and all other Officer style attachments see here for images and explanation.... Model 1915 Preußen Officer's Pickelhaube as can be seen it did not have the Field Grey fittings !
    Oh and by the way Anton , leave it as is, do not clean, you will destroy its history !
    Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wwi pickelhaub - please help - what do i have here
    P
    Many

I just dust mine occasionally. No rubbing and
    definitely no brushes or chemicals.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

?

Well said Steve!

Adler

UPDATE.
    I finally got the correct cockades.
    Please confirm that for me.
    I intend to sell the officer's cockades to recoup my money (posted in another thread).
    Here are the updated photos.

- - ------- - -

Here are the officer's cockades removed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wwi pickelhaub - please help - what do i have here   Wwi pickelhaub - please help - what do i have here  

Wwi pickelhaub - please help - what do i have here   Wwi pickelhaub - please help - what do i have here  

Wwi pickelhaub - please help - what do i have here   Wwi pickelhaub - please help - what do i have here  

Very interesting and informative too, the site of Colonel J's Imperial German Pickelhaubes
    Colonel J's - Imperial German Pickelhaube Musings - Pickelhaube collections from the time of Kaiser Wilhelm II Colonel J's

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2