Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A wwi pickelhaube plate

Article about: Hi Guys Below is 3 items which came in last night at the small swap meet that I go to these are part of a larger lot all the other bits are OK just would like to know if these are OK be fore

MAP
    ?

Quote by Grausig13 View Post
    On the plus side there are cut-outs in the detail, but the corrosion, to me, would have done more to the cloth. The corrosion does not seem to relate well to the wool it touches.
    You have raised an excellent point. I noticed the same but forgot to mention it. I even thought about the good condition of the backing plate vs the obverse. But I saw other examples with well preserved backing plates but poor preserved fronts.

Again, I am happy to be wrong (actually of the OP, I hope I am right) but I tried to compare as best as possible all the key points highlighted in the very long thread (53 pages) over at WAF. It was not easy given the photo quality, angle, and condition on both the OP and the ones posted on WAF.

Regards,

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A wwi pickelhaube plate
    P
    Many

You have raised an excellent point. I noticed the same but forgot to mention it. I even thought about the good condition of the backing plate vs the obverse. But I saw other examples with well preserved backing plates but poor preserved fronts.

Again, I am happy to be wrong (actually of the OP, I hope I am right) but I tried to compare as best as possible all the key points highlighted in the very long thread (53 pages) over at WAF. It was not easy given the photo quality, angle, and condition on both the OP and the ones posted on WAF.

Regards,

M
    I think it is that zink coating or tin that can leave the back looking like it is mismatched.

Aside from the repaired plate, which looks like an ingenious fix, but may be to get a usable original from some cheap damaged originals for a reenactor, the grouping smells worse than the hope for something good. I hope it is a query before buying, and not validation for money ill spent.

?

Thanks guys steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2