Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WWI Skull ?

Article about: Anyone know what type of skull this is ? I assume it's Imperial era based on the other items in the lot. It's too small for a Traditions badge based on it's size in relation to the pips. Per

?

Default WWI Skull ?

Anyone know what type of skull this is ? I assume it's Imperial era based on the other items in the lot. It's too small for a Traditions badge based on it's size in relation to the pips. Perhaps a shoulder board TK or collar insignia of some sort. Any help or opinion is appreciated.

Thanks, Al

WWI Skull ?WWI Skull ?

WWI Skull ?

Interesting...

Hello Al,
    I wonder if it is a locally produced Freikorps collar or hat badge.

Certainly an unusual piece

WWI Skull ?

Could be an avenue to research

All the best
    Doug

?

Hello Doug, I was thinking along the same lines as Freikorps related. Perhaps it's even older. thank you for posting that photo. Is that a Freikorps cap badge ?

Regards, Al

It's supposed to be Al but I don't have it in my collection.

I'm pretty sure I have seen something similar to yours for sale fairly recently but I have been so busy with getting on being retired I have missed the last four or five months and consequently I have missed out on quite a lot.

I like yours a lot and it is worth doing some work researching it.

If that is the group of items that came together with the patriotic badge and pip it just adds a little more to the provenance assuming (big assumption) that they have been together forever.

All the best
    Doug

?

Doug, I did manage to win the lot today at auction. Here is a picture of everything in the lot. I'm really only interested in the skull, I'll post more when it arrives.

Cheers, Al

WWI Skull ?

Yes I like that grouping Al. Well done.
    It's a bundle I wouldn't have minded adding to my collection.

All the best
    Doug

?

Thank you Doug. the items arrived today and they did not disappoint. Here are some more photo's including one with some assorted Danziger and Brunswick skulls from my collection for comparison.

WWI Skull ?

WWI Skull ?WWI Skull ?

WWI Skull ?

CBH
    ?

I'd be inclined to think Freikorp collar or a similar paramilitary organization.
    Are the pips, shoulder board or collar pips?
    That patriotic EK pendent is a nice piece also.

?

Hi Chris, I thought collar insignia also based on the size and attachment. It measures up about the size of the panzer collar insignia. It's pretty sturdy material, I got the impression it was a softer metal from the original photo. As for the pips, I don't know either.

Cheers, Al

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast