Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

10434 Pte., A.F. Abbey, Royal Welsh Fusillers

Article about: I have the Victory medal to 10434 Pte., A.F. Abbey, Royal Welsh Fusillers on the way to me, not done much research yet, but I could not even found his MIC. He is not on the CWGC so I assume

Default 10434 Pte., A.F. Abbey, Royal Welsh Fusillers

I have the Victory medal to 10434 Pte., A.F. Abbey, Royal Welsh Fusillers on the way to me, not done much research yet, but I could not even found his MIC. He is not on the CWGC so I assume he survived the war.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Jerry, see attached.

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 10434 Pte., A.F. Abbey, Royal Welsh Fusillers   10434 Pte., A.F. Abbey, Royal Welsh Fusillers  

Thanks for this Tony. I had a quick look last night but could not find his MIC,so I really appreciate you finding and posting this as it gives his full nake which I did not know. And also for his SWB roll. that gives his age and other details
    Regards,

Jerry

Some more info on him.

Birth 1893 in Knaresbrough, Yorkshire, England, Death 3 Mar 1965 in Claro, Yorkshire West Riding, England

He served with 4th Bn RWf

1/4th (Denbighshire) Battalion
    August 1914 : in Wrexham. Part of North Wales Brigade, Welsh Division. Moved immediately on mobilisation to Conway and at the end of the month to Northampton.
    6 November 1914 : left Brigade and landed at Le Havre.
    7 December 1914 : attached to 3rd Brigade in 1st Division.
    1 September 1915 : transferred to 47th (2nd London) Division as Pioneer Battalion.
    Regards,

Jerry

He is on two casualty lists dated 14 5 1918 and 11 11 1918 though usually these are circa 4-6 weeks after the events happened.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Where do you find the casualty lists?

Tony

Quote by ynot View Post
    Where do you find the casualty lists?

Tony
    Through the regimental forum Tony, they have their own forum for ex members and those with an interest in the RWF. The museum is involved as are many of the authors who publish on the regiment and many ex members and between them they have access to material that cannot normally be found.
    Regards,

Jerry

Jerry, have a look on eBay... The personal affects of Lt Col Toke of the Welch Regt are up for grabs, some very nice items. The seller is pips1uk

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Jerry, have a look on eBay... The personal affects of Lt Col Toke of the Welch Regt are up for grabs, some very nice items. The seller is pips1uk
    Thanks Steve. I had already noticed them and he was recommended for a VC, but they all seem a bit pricey for what they are so I doubt I will be bidding on them.
    Regards,

Jerry